Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

Multiple Manual Transmission Cars owned. Now ready for a Posche

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2021 | 07:55 PM
Dreamweaver61
4th Gear

Default Multiple Manual Transmission Cars owned. Now ready for a Posche

Hi All,

I’ve owned sticks since my first car. Now that we have no kids at home, its time for a Porsche. Looking for a well loved Cayman S or Boxster S that will be equally cared for.

Glad this forum is here.

Old 03-29-2021 | 04:50 AM
Landshark92
AutoX

I have only bought stickshifts since I started driving 25 years ago as well. I just got my first Porsche a month ago and the few people I have shown it to and let drive it have been really surprised it's a manual when they saw the gear shifter. I think the nicer the car, the more surprised people are it's a stick. I think they should be surprised if I bought anything other than a stick considering my history.

Of course I bought it for my own enjoyment but it is nice to see people's reaction to such a hardcore spec. I think you'll like the manual in a Cayman or Boxster. It is very mechanical like a bolt action rifle and the shifter is perfectly placed with the armrest right there. Your hand barely even has to move. The clutch on my car is stiffer than anything I have ever experienced though.
Old 03-29-2021 | 08:34 AM
Dreamweaver61
4th Gear

Nice note. I’ve driven a few caymans and boxsters. The flat engine gives a unique acceleration I'm excited to own one.

Quick Reply: Multiple Manual Transmission Cars owned. Now ready for a Posche