Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

New member - Cayman GT4 race car

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2021, 07:05 PM
carreracrocker
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default New member - Cayman GT4 race car

Hi all,

I'm not a new member as I've been on rennlist since 2016, but I haven't actually used the site much or participated in any forum discussion. I feel like that almost qualifies me as new.

Anyways, I wanted to share my 981 GT4 race car with you all. It started off life as a road car but was converted into a dedicated racing car by Isringhausen Imports in Illinois with many parts from the GT4 Clubsport.

It's got KW 3-way adjustable dampers, and the PFC brakes come off of the Clubsport. They work well with 380mm of rotor and 6/4-piston calipers. When I had the car dyno'd in February, it made 397 horsepower to the wheels as it has been tuned for 100 octane and is fitted with the Porsche X51 power package. I've added a set of Verus Engineering front dive planes, and the rear has a BRS 63" Cup style wing. It weighs just about 3,060 pounds with me in it and fully loaded, and it's by far the best-handling car I've ever had the chance to drive or race.

I will be competing in this car in the 2021 Trans-Am GT Championship, going up against many other higher horsepower (but also higher weight) cars with the first two races being back-to-back at Sonoma on April 24-25 and Laguna Seca May 1-2.

I'm trying to become more involved in the community and share my experiences on and off track with everyone. I'll always enjoy talking shop.

Rob
Attached Images     
The following 2 users liked this post by carreracrocker:
993Lady (03-30-2021), steffenwilhelm (03-29-2021)
Old 03-29-2021, 02:32 AM
steffenwilhelm
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so you running on your car the PFC brakes
what tires and rims you are running im thinking about fo install 18" with Michelin
on my car only problem is the 18" are to small in moment
you changed also your suspension like control arms?
thanks steffen
car looks real great
Old 03-30-2021, 10:01 PM
Rx7_GT3
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck in the Trans-AM GT Championship. How many cars will be in your class?

Quick Reply: New member - Cayman GT4 race car