Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

New From Houston, Tx - Non-Owner (Yet)

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2020 | 09:42 AM
Psychonaut
Rennlist Member

Default New From Houston, Tx - Non-Owner (Yet)

Good morning everyone.

I will share a quick little story on how I ended up here.

Like many I grew up with a Porsche poster on my wall. A silver Carrera was the poster that I had on my wall. I had bought it at the middle school scholastic book fair. Fast forward to a few days ago I see a white turbo sitting in a empty parking lot. I pull in and see a gentleman sitting in his car on the phone. I wait around until he wraps up the call until I walked up to introduce myself. I ask him simply "what did you do to get yourself this car?". His response was short and simple, he said, "I was patient". After a nice chat about his car he recommended I check out this forum and start to familiarize myself with what exactly I am looking for.

My journey starts here. I cant afford a New Porsche but I think with enough patience I can get myself a decent 2nd or 3rd hand car.

As of right now I drive a 2011 Mercedes E550 with 170k on the dash.

I hope to make some Porsche friends here in my great city. I am small business owner and would really appreciate any opportunity to meet, talk, and learn about the journey others have embarked on.
Old 11-02-2020 | 09:52 AM
zedcat
Rennlist Member

Welcome. Suggest check out LSRPCA- Lone Star Region Porsche Club of America. They have a website and facebook page. There are also GTG- get together meets at various locations each Saturday. There should be a schedule on their website. That would be a good way to meet members and ask about the cars and the club. You can join before owning a P car. I think it's for a year.
Old 11-17-2020 | 02:16 PM
Psychonaut
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by zedcat
Welcome. Suggest check out LSRPCA- Lone Star Region Porsche Club of America. They have a website and facebook page. There are also GTG- get together meets at various locations each Saturday. There should be a schedule on their website. That would be a good way to meet members and ask about the cars and the club. You can join before owning a P car. I think it's for a year.
Thank you for that information
I would like to curse this forum as I am now awaiting delivery of my 991.

Quick Reply: New From Houston, Tx - Non-Owner (Yet)