Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

First Porsche - 987.1 Boxster - greater Seattle area

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2020 | 07:38 PM
ComradeStan
Rennlist Member

Default First Porsche - 987.1 Boxster - greater Seattle area

Hello ladies and gents,

Finally got myself into the Porsche world about a month ago with a 2006 base Boxster in carrera white. So far it's been a joy! I also decided to do some basic maintenance on it myself so it's been fun getting to know the car.

Right away the car needed 60k service so I've replaced the following:
- Oil and filter
- Engine and cabin filter
- Spark plugs
- Drive belt

There was some oil residue surrounding oil pan so I took it down, cleaned it up and resealed it. It was nice and clean on the inside so hopefully it was just the seal. I'll have to keep an eye on it.

I also noticed an intermittent RPM fluctuation during idle. It would rev up to 1000 rpm and then drop down to 300 (almost stalling). Forums pointed to possible dirty throttle body so I took it apart and cleaned it out. Put it back together and so far I have not been able to reproduce this issue. Fingers crossed.

All in all it's been fun and enjoyable ownership thus far. The first car that I own where I look forward to waking up early in the morning for a drive. What a blast!

Cheers,
Stan
Old 05-26-2020 | 01:16 AM
uniqueMR
Rennlist Member

Welcome to Rennlist & Porsche

Quick Reply: First Porsche - 987.1 Boxster - greater Seattle area