Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

New member: Porsche Cayenne Turbo (955) UK

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2020 | 08:22 PM
Faraz Jan
4th Gear

Default New member: Porsche Cayenne Turbo (955) UK

Hello all,

After looking at multiple examples of Lexus RX 400h's with 150k+ mileage I then decided to look at Volvo/Audi Estate/wagons but the 4x4 raised versions. I then toyed with the idea of buying a Bentley Continental GT but my budget kindly asked me to reconsider.

I didn't fancy paying monthly for a brand new car as well as a mortgage so I decided to go for a used and unabused example. I'm coming from owning a MK1 Audi TT and a 2003 Range Rover Vogue. I've been tinkering with both ever since with mostly OEM+ modifications to keep them up to date.

​​​I am now the proud owner of a 2004 Cayenne 955 Turbo or CTT as I've found them more commonly known as. It's not perfect but by researching what's to look out for and what to replace, I'm confident I can do most of it myself. I've already replaced the battery, carried out the drain plug mods and tackled the crimped connectors in the passenger footwel. I've already had a whole load of green eyed monsters pass comments on it and was a little worried at first that I'd made a mistake but then I thought back to why I bought it in the first place. For self enjoyment. I've always wanted a 911 watercooled example or a 944 but I'll happily make-do with this 450bhp monster. I was worried about fuel consumption but have happily hit the 20s on the two of the few journeys I've taken it out on so far. Long live the King.

Last edited by Faraz Jan; 05-21-2020 at 08:54 PM.
Old 05-22-2020 | 12:54 AM
uniqueMR
Rennlist Member

The following users liked this post:
Faraz Jan (05-22-2020)

Quick Reply: New member: Porsche Cayenne Turbo (955) UK