Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

New member from LA, first Porsche (928s) and already in trouble

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2020 | 08:09 PM
Tajmashhad
Cruisin'

Default New member from LA, first Porsche (928s) and already in trouble

Hello all,
So, growing up the cool cars that I knew were the 308 GTS and the Countach. But I always admired the 928 and it was the only matchbox I had for a long time. FFwd almost 40 years and I got impulsive and bought a 1983 928 Teal blue about 3 weeks ago and it was the first one I had ever looked at.
I found Scott StPeter from Carrera6 who came out and looked at the car and gave his blessing that it seemed like a good car and it was within my budget. It is still in his garage since I wanted someone to do some minor repairs to it and I'l get it back hopefully tomorrow.
So I appreciate anyone here in the LA area to give me tips on where else I could go for repairs and opinions and parts and so on. I'd like to keep the car as original as possible.

These are some of the pictures from the add when I bought it:

Last edited by Tajmashhad; 05-22-2020 at 12:40 AM.
Old 05-22-2020 | 12:52 AM
uniqueMR
Rennlist Member

Welcome
Old 05-22-2020 | 02:16 AM
Tajmashhad
Cruisin'

Thanks, looking forward to learning from you guys
Old 05-24-2020 | 07:51 PM
LTCMontana
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Veteran: ArmyVeteran: Air Force

If you haven’t yet, head over to the 928 forum and start learning. There are members there who love keeping their cars original and others who search for ‘mooore power.’ You can decide which way you lean.

Great group over there and you’ll learn a lot. There are a lot of 928 specific events to attend on the ‘left coast’. (That’s the name of one of the events).

Quick Reply: New member from LA, first Porsche (928s) and already in trouble