Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

First Porsche at 16

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2020 | 12:37 PM
Dennis Morris
Rennlist Member

Default First Porsche at 16

Hello, my name is Dennis and I am about to turn 16 years old. For my first car I have a 2001 Porsche Boxster S, it is a silver on black car. My parents bought the car for me, but I am extremely entrepreneurial and in love with Porsche. I only have one question. Which car do you have, and how do you afford it? I am also looking to build up a network of fellow Porsche enthusiast, so please feel free to add me as a friend to your contact list and send me a private message. And if you're a fellow entrepreneur/business owner do the same.
Old 04-27-2020 | 02:00 PM
uniqueMR
Rennlist Member

Welcome to Rennlist
The following users liked this post:
Dennis Morris (04-27-2020)
Old 04-28-2020 | 10:01 AM
Own Goal
Team Owner

First: go start hanging out on the Boxter / Cayman forum. You will learn a lot and folks with similar cars. Get up to speed, if not already on the possible IMS problems on those series Porsche's. If your car is a triptronic even more so. I didn't get my first P car till I was 21, a new 914 in 1970. However my first car was at 16 also. It was an air cooled flat six hung out back with a four speed and it was a turbo.
We have a lot of members in Georgia so getting to make P friends live should be easy enough. As to what care people on here have most of us list past and current rides in our signature at the bottom of post.
Welcome on board Dennis.
Old 04-28-2020 | 07:35 PM
911Königin
Rennlist Member

My son also drove a Porsche when he was 15 ~ be sure to buy your folks some Valium

Welcome to RL ~ you'll love it here Great to have a young fan on the forums
The following users liked this post:
points (04-28-2020)
Old 04-29-2020 | 08:41 PM
bigs
Dean of Rennlist, "I'm Listening"

Lifetime Rennlist

OK - a word from an old-timer here:

If you're 16, please don't try to explore the limits of your car yet. Get many hours of driving under your belt to acclimate yourself to the car and develop driving skills. And always wear a seatbelt.

...And wash behind your ears, and do your homework, and be back home before midnight!

Quick Reply: First Porsche at 16