Notices

SW Boston Cars & Coffee Saturday/Sunday Walpole, MA - Starbucks (Sharon Line)

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 12:44 PM
boston951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up SW Boston Cars & Coffee Saturday/Sunday Walpole, MA - Starbucks (Sharon Line)

Hi All,

Got the 951 out of storage and had my first run of 2011. "There is no substitute...."

If there is enough interest, I wish to start a new Cars & Coffee gathering for 2011 to see some other fine Porsches and meet some Rennlisters.

I propose meeting on a weekly basis as the weather warms up (no inclement weather of course). Saturday or Sunday at 9:00am depending on feedback. This is a very accessible location with Route 495 not too far away and right off Route 95 for those in RI that may wish to attend.

Proposed Location: Starbuck's in Walpole, MA. This is a friendly location just off of Route 95 on the corner of Routes 1 & 27. There is a large parking lot right behind the Starbucks (Big Y Supermarket). Additionally, there are several places to gas-up nearby.

Official Address Info: Starbucks, 985 U.S. 1, Walpole, MA 02081, (508) 668-2701. Google place page HERE

This location is right down the road from Herb Chambers. With the Highway so close-by there will plenty of easy high speed driving for all who gather.

Let me know if there is interest and we will get our first GTG set for the next warm and sunny day. Please indicate if there is a Saturday or Sunday preference.

Hope to see some new and old faces/cars.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:27 PM
pjstevens77
Instructor

Hey! I was out of town so I couldn't make it. I would LOVE to do this every sat!! I am in Norwell and my wife works on Sunday's so they are out as I have the kids. Let me know, I have been wanting to do this for a long time, nice work!
Old 03-22-2011, 09:00 AM
boston951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Anybody else interested? Two is enough for us to start when the weather warms up. With Spring comes the nicer weather (and snow showers).

The more the merrier. Let's get this going. Saturday is good from my perspective and won't interfere with many folks religious commitments.

The location is really convenient from all directions. Check it out on the map.

All interested parties please respond
Old 03-22-2011, 09:15 AM
nskd3
Instructor

Walpole is a little closer than Taunton for me. I wouldn't be able to make most until after the end of May, but am interested to have this get started.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:14 AM
boston951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey nskd3,

The more the merrier. We may get off to slow start, but I am hopeful the momentum will build giving us both the Walpole and Taunton C&C. The whole idea behind this event startup is that one location may be more accessible for certain folk that want to GTG.

Looking forward to the weather breaking. Snow is forecast today. Dang groundhog!

Hope to see you in May (or earlier). Better late than never as they say
Old 03-24-2011, 10:59 AM
pjstevens77
Instructor

I'm thinking a Facebook page might also draw some more people in. I'm connected to the Cars & Coffee at Herb Chambers Lexus via Facebook so it's just another way to get the word out.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:34 PM
boston951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hi pjstevens77,

I am not Facebook literate and have no affiliation, but feel free to share the event info. Any help spreading the word is greatly appreciated. I am truly hopeful this C&C will grow and be well attended.

Looking forward to the nice weather finally arriving. See you all soon.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:36 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 806 Likes on 468 Posts

I'm definitely planning on making a few of these over the summer.

Looking forward to getting out on the road.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:12 AM
pjstevens77
Instructor

Originally Posted by boston951
Hi pjstevens77,

I am not Facebook literate and have no affiliation, but feel free to share the event info. Any help spreading the word is greatly appreciated. I am truly hopeful this C&C will grow and be well attended.

Looking forward to the nice weather finally arriving. See you all soon.
Ok, There is a C&C at Herb Chambers Lexus in Sharon which is right up the road on 7/11 and 10/8. He has them about once a month at three or four different dealerships, maybe on those dates we can invade his C&C in full force. Sometimes he is there with Wayne Carini from "Chasing Classic Cars"

A couple things: There is a national C&C organization and I think it would be great to be associated with them. They have great logos and promotional tools to use as well as a pretty nice forum. I have a request into them to see about sponsoring us for this weekly event. I have created a Facebook page but I am not ready to publish it until I hear back from C&C. I'll let you know. I have been wanting to do this for so long and I am finally in a position to help out.

Last edited by pjstevens77; 03-25-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:38 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pjstevens77
Ok, There is a C&C at Herb Chambers Lexus in Sharon which is right up the road on 7/11 and 10/8. He has them about once a month at three or four different dealerships, maybe on those dates we can invade his C&C in full force. Sometimes he is there with Wayne Carini from "Chasing Classic Cars"

A couple things: There is a national C&C organization and I think it would be great to be associated with them. They have great logos and promotional tools to use as well as a pretty nice forum. I have a request into them to see about sponsoring us for this weekly event. I have created a Facebook page but I am not ready to publish it until I hear back from C&C. I'll let you know. I have been wanting to do this for so long and I am finally in a position to help out.
Had no idea about the C&C organization, that could definitely help with the turnout on these events and getting the word out to other makes/models.

Really cool!
Old 03-25-2011, 12:41 PM
boston951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
I'm definitely planning on making a few of these over the summer.

Looking forward to getting out on the road.
MB, looking forward to having you attend

Originally Posted by pjstevens77

pj, that is awesome. Thanks a bunch for the help in trying to get the word out. Would love to invade one of Herb's events with a bunch of Rennlisters. I tried to attend a scheduled event in Sharon last season, but the weather was bad the day I was going to stop over. I emailed them for a rain date, but never heard back.

Let us all know about the facebook page when you are ready
Old 03-25-2011, 01:24 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

I did go to one of Herb Chambers events at their Lexus dealer last year and yes Wayne was there.

Spent most of my time drooling on the Testarossa and Boxster Spyder. Turnout wasn't as good as others according to a few that went regularly.

Looking forward to the next one!
Old 03-29-2011, 01:23 PM
paa502
Pro

North of Boston but would definitely attend from time to time. Car hibernating until end of April.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:40 PM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hope to make a few this season as well.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:21 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

http://www.herbchamberscarsandcoffee.com/

Quick Reply: SW Boston Cars & Coffee Saturday/Sunday Walpole, MA - Starbucks (Sharon Line)