Notices

Anyone going to The Glen the weekend of Oct 1-3?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 01:20 PM
Caughtacab911
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone going to The Glen the weekend of Oct 1-3?

It's a PDA-organized HPDE and separate cup racing event. I went last year and had a great time. I was told they have more than 100 cars in the racing events and 70-80 for HPDE in all classes. That sounds like last year, which despite the numbers went smoothly given the length of the track. I'll be driving up on Fri and running Sat-Sun. If anyone's going post here and we can say hi.

http://www.pdadrivingschool.com/article.php?id=2

Gene

2005 997 C2S cab
Old 10-04-2010, 03:50 PM
Caughtacab911
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry that no one from NER (or Rennlist) was at the Glen this weekend. I had a fantastic time, perfect weather both days (book-ended by rain on Friday and today!). About 80 HPDE drivers and 100 cup racers were there the first day, fewer on Sunday. After one run on Saturday I was moved up from green to white and was able to solo the rest of the weekend. Highlight was getting the (reluctant) point-by from a Z06 driver who would always pull away on the long straights but then see me in his mirror again after a few turns. Also nice was the fact that PDA allows cabrios to run top down, and with the sun shining I loved that. I plan to do WGI again next year, hopefully with PCA this time.

Gene

Last edited by Caughtacab911; 10-04-2010 at 03:51 PM. Reason: added a few words

Quick Reply: Anyone going to The Glen the weekend of Oct 1-3?