Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 06:03 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New To MA

Hello All:

I just moved to the area and wanted to say hello. Although I am not new to Rennlist, I am new to MA and wanted to make some new friends. It's nice to see that JD, prior to his departure I guess, decided to add a section for the N.E Region? Anyway, I am hoping to see when there might be another local GTG so I can meet some fellow Listers? If anyone knows of when there might be another one let me know, or, if there are any cool exotic car clubs that I should look into. My signature has some more details on me too. I look forward to meeting some of you guys in the future! Feel free to PM me anytime.

Rob

Old 07-18-2008, 10:05 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 805 Likes on 468 Posts

Which part of MA?
Old 07-19-2008, 08:52 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
Which part of MA?
South Shore area, not far from Waltham.

Old 07-19-2008, 04:55 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Cool

I know there are a bunch of guys in the area that go for drives regularly, some are futher south than you but others are right in your area.

PCA hosts their yearly show in September at Larz Anderson museum, a great time and good showng of P-Cars.

I am also going to plan a drive later this year when it cools a bit.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:30 PM
sylvan
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in Halifax (South Shore). Welcome to the area!
Old 07-21-2008, 05:33 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
Cool

I know there are a bunch of guys in the area that go for drives regularly, some are futher south than you but others are right in your area. PCA hosts their yearly show in September at Larz Anderson museum, a great time and good showng of P-Cars. I am also going to plan a drive later this year when it cools a bit.
Very kool. Please keep me posted or PM me. I am part of the PCA and plan on attending that event at that museum. I hear that's a great get together too.

sylvan: Thank you! What kind of car do you have? And how come nobody posts in this section? I can't believe that there aren't a lot of P-Cars near the Boston/South Shore area? What gives?

Old 07-21-2008, 10:40 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sylvan
I am in Halifax (South Shore). Welcome to the area!
I also live in Halifax! What do you drive? I've seen a few P-Cars in the area including a beautiful 944 Cab and a gold 928 Weissach.

Do you ever go to the car shows Friday night?
Old 07-23-2008, 01:24 PM
AUPorsche
Advanced

Rob

I'm in Hopkinton. You should check the Northeast region website of the PCA. there's a polo event with reserved parking for Porsches coming up in August for instance. Afshin puts together a nice drive so look for that later.

Bill
Old 07-23-2008, 08:07 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by AUPorsche
Rob

I'm in Hopkinton. You should check the Northeast region website of the PCA. there's a polo event with reserved parking for Porsches coming up in August for instance. Afshin puts together a nice drive so look for that later.

Bill
Hi Bill:

Nice to meet you. I'm not sure as to where you live, but then again I could always do a mapquest. LOL. I just joined the PCA - Northeast Region, so I will look at the calender of events. I am going to try and make the Italian event on August 3 and the Porsche Fest on September 6th. Both sound like great events!

Old 07-23-2008, 10:34 PM
911rips
Intermediate

Default Southeastern Ma. "Breakfast Club" Run

Sat., Aug 16th, 9:00AM starting in Plymouth, Ma. We will cruise through some great roads in Southeastern, Ma. the run will end in Westport, Ma at Buzzards Bay Brewery. This is their annual Brew Festival, Large Tent out in Field, with Live Music, Great Local Food, Brews. There is a tour of the Brewery and our cars will be on display at the Brewery entrance.
Details to follow!
Paul
Old 07-23-2008, 10:44 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911rips
Sat., Aug 16th, 9:00AM starting in Plymouth, Ma. We will cruise through some great roads in Southeastern, Ma. the run will end in Westport, Ma at Buzzards Bay Brewery. This is their annual Brew Festival, Large Tent out in Field, with Live Music, Great Local Food, Brews. There is a tour of the Brewery and our cars will be on display at the Brewery entrance.
Details to follow!
Paul
Paul this sounds really cool. Definitely keep us posted.....oh crap I just remembered that I will be out of comission that weekend.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:50 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Paul, that sounds like a very, very kool event! Please bump this thread or start another one when that comes around.

Old 07-24-2008, 08:37 AM
Restless
Rennlist Member

Paul,

Definitely interested as well. I will be watching for more info.

John
Old 07-26-2008, 04:07 PM
Deadeye
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey Rob, welcome to Taxachusetts. The original nanny state. I'm in Buzzards Bay, next to the CC Canal (24 yrs and counting) Busy traffic down here this time of year, better in mid September.

Paul, where in Plymouth on the 16th do you meet? I think that weekend looks good for me.
Old 07-26-2008, 10:49 PM
911rips
Intermediate

Default SEMBC Aug 16th Run

Dennis
Meeting place for the run is East Bay Grille, Plymouth Center, 9:00AM, Sat. Aug 16th. It is right on the waterfront to the left of the town pier. Large parking lot with coffee shop across the street. We've got about 15 cars committed already -should be a blast.
Paul

Quick Reply: New To MA