PLEASE HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 11:49 PM
please help
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP!

Hello everyone out there!
I'm so glad I found you guys, I've been searching and searching for a place like this, hoping to find some good, solid and knowledgeable advice:

My dear husband, who's a racing enthusiast - will celebrate his 40s birthday this coming August. His dream -- to ride a real (formula....) race car. So, obviously, being the good wife that I am, I decided to surprise him with
the ultimate gift, and make his dream come true.

We live in the NY area, and so I started looking for schools around here. I got very good recommendations about the Skip Barber Racing School, but unfortunately, they have nothing available for those dates that I'm looking for, not in this part of the country, anyway.

So now I'm at a loss -- and here's my question -
Can anybody recommend a reputable, professional, and experienced school, in this part of the country (let's say 5 hours drive from NY...) - that I should look into? I know there are lots of race school out there - but I need advice from the pros as to which ones are good and which ones are just - not? Can you help? PLEASE???? I promise to post my husband's driving pictures once this is all said and done!!!!
Please???
Old 07-10-2008, 01:38 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default wish I could help....

I can only recomend this as a back up..... I am sure this could put a smile on his face as well! i believe they are out of NY.... the car tour test driving each car looks like fun.

http://www.gothamdreamcars.com/dream-car-tour.htm

Originally Posted by please help
Hello everyone out there!
I'm so glad I found you guys, I've been searching and searching for a place like this, hoping to find some good, solid and knowledgeable advice:

My dear husband, who's a racing enthusiast - will celebrate his 40s birthday this coming August. His dream -- to ride a real (formula....) race car. So, obviously, being the good wife that I am, I decided to surprise him with
the ultimate gift, and make his dream come true.

We live in the NY area, and so I started looking for schools around here. I got very good recommendations about the Skip Barber Racing School, but unfortunately, they have nothing available for those dates that I'm looking for, not in this part of the country, anyway.

So now I'm at a loss -- and here's my question -
Can anybody recommend a reputable, professional, and experienced school, in this part of the country (let's say 5 hours drive from NY...) - that I should look into? I know there are lots of race school out there - but I need advice from the pros as to which ones are good and which ones are just - not? Can you help? PLEASE???? I promise to post my husband's driving pictures once this is all said and done!!!!
Please???

Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP!