Notices

Inspection Sticker Recommendation in MA

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2020 | 07:57 AM
mfonseca
Instructor

Default Inspection Sticker Recommendation in MA

Hi,
I am up for my inspection sticker this month and am looking for recommendations. I have a Soul exhaust and don't want to have any issues. I know some stations will not pass based on aftermarket exhausts. Anyone have any recommendations on where to go to avoid any potential problems? If so, please PM me. I am located in Milford, MA.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 08-07-2020 | 10:03 PM
Jbravo23
Rennlist Member

I went to firestone. I have dundon headers and a tune. No issue. Long as you have no lights on the dash it doesn’t matter what mods you have. Unless the car is wicked wicked low
Old 08-08-2020 | 10:18 AM
alpine-al
Burning Brakes

As far as I know, the inspection station guys no longer look for modifications. Instead they take digital photos and upload them. Supposedly the central system compares the photos each year to identify modifications. The place that I go to uses a handheld camera. I've heard that some inspection places have the full setup with fixed cameras. Given that my guy has never taken a photo of the underside of my car, the system won't see ever notice my center bypass.

Last edited by alpine-al; 08-09-2020 at 08:53 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-08-2020 | 02:46 PM
okroger
Rennlist Member

Inspections are getting tough. Pet peeve of mine is front plates. Took me a week before I came across a station that would let me do the double sided tape. They were even saying the toe hook mount is no longer acceptable bc it protrudes.

The shop is in the Newton area if youre still looking.

Quick Reply: Inspection Sticker Recommendation in MA