Notices

Looking for Cayenne Manual Transmission Test Drive CT

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 09:33 AM
jjma14
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Cayenne Manual Transmission Test Drive CT

Strange request, but I'm looking at buying a second gen Cayenne with 3 pedals, and I can't find any nearby. Is there anyone in central CT willing to let me take one for a spin before finalizing a cross-country deal. Happy to throw in some beers/wine/gallon of milk (drink of choice).

Also will be in search of a local mechanic for it.

Thanks in advance
Old 10-17-2019, 08:37 AM
MyNameIdeasWereT
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 58 Posts

If this is the manual Cayenne in Marietta, GA, then walk away from it. I test drove it and one mile from the lot it overheated. The dealer said they just needed to top it off with coolant, but this car was in drastic need of additional help.

It is challenging to find manual Cayennes! Personally, I was a bit underwhelmed by it... I was hoping the driving experience would resemble that of the other Porsches I drove, but it didn't feel any different than driving my '14 Subaru Outback. Actually, the Outback feels more mechanical and better resembles my 987's gear change and clutch feel than anything else. The Cayenne was just numb and I hate to say it.... But it made the 3rd pedal seem pointless.
Old 10-17-2019, 12:54 PM
jjma14
Track Day

Thanks for the heads up! It's not the one in GA though, it's a private seller out in MS. It's going through it's PPI now, so hopefully everything checks out ok.

I have heard that the manual could be underwhelming, but I've also heard that it's amazing from others, so I figured it's worth trying it out for myself. I went from a Mazda 3 into a Forester when my son was born (total count is: 2 kids and 1 large dog) - so I'm stuck with an SUV or a wagon for the foreseeable future, but I don't want to give up my stick-shift and the Forester is kind of "meh."

If I can't find one to test, I think this one is a decent enough deal that I could drive it for a while and then sell it off fairly easily if I don't love it.
Old 10-17-2019, 03:18 PM
MyNameIdeasWereT
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 58 Posts

I should clarify, I've never driven an automatic Cayenne, so maybe the manual is far superior.
I only buy manual cars and with how hard it is to find manual Cayennes, my search went elsewhere after that one.

Hope it works out for you! It definitely is a rare configuration and would probably be an easy resale on an enthusiast site like this.
Old 11-04-2019, 11:52 AM
jjma14
Track Day

So I got the car this weekend, and I'd say the shifter isn't my favorite. I wish it was a little smoother and better positioned, but the overall performance is definitely nice. I don't think there's much else out there that's gonna match it and offer a manual option.

Last edited by jjma14; 11-04-2019 at 11:52 AM. Reason: typo

Quick Reply: Looking for Cayenne Manual Transmission Test Drive CT