Notices

Herb Chambers is the worst!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2019, 08:51 PM
aegiswings
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Herb Chambers is the worst!

So I've been looking to buy a new 2019 718 Cayman GTS. I called Herb Chambers a few days and asked if they had any allocation slots. They said they had some for the S, and one for a Boxster GTS that the could probably switch over to a Cayman GTS. I mentioned that I wanted to do euro delivery. They said, "no problem" and I told them I'd come in on Sunday.

Well, I walk in the door and tell them I called on the phone and would like to order a GTS. They tell me that the 718 Cayman is discontinued. Not just the GTS, but they are no longer making ANY models of Cayman for 2019. And it doesn't look like there will be a 2020 model either. I thought this sounded fishy. They showed me their 2018 models they had on the lot and offered me some deals on what they had there. What they had wasn't at all what I wanted, though, and the deals could have been better, tbh. They also told me I couldn't test drive a car as there was a recall on the front hood latch (this might be true?).

I walked out the door and went to another dealer where we drew up a contract for a new 2019 Cayman GTS w/euro delivery. We are still negotiating on the price, but it seems like every other dealer will let me order a car.

tl;dr Avoid Herb Chambers!
Old 04-01-2019, 10:51 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,644 Likes on 1,073 Posts

Which dealership location? Brookline or Burlington?

There is/was a stop-sale and TSB campaign: https://rennlist.com/forums/718-foru...ket-issue.html
Old 04-02-2019, 10:11 PM
cptlane
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM'd
Old 04-02-2019, 10:23 PM
aegiswings
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by worf928
Which dealership location? Brookline or Burlington?

There is/was a stop-sale and TSB campaign: https://rennlist.com/forums/718-foru...ket-issue.html
Brookline

Quick Reply: Herb Chambers is the worst!