Sponsored by:

2023 GT3 Touring

For Sale

Old 08-13-2024, 11:10 PM
Phillip Berk
Rennlist Member

Received 213 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheSanLuisObispo
$49,000 over sticker is a low ball ? Wow.
I don't think there is anything wrong with it, not wasting anyones time, its a for sale add, they made an offer. Seems like a very reasonable offer for market and OP can always trade in and get tax credit if CA does that? I dont think they do but regardless.
The following 2 users liked this post by Phillip Berk:
infinitest (Yesterday), Johnson369 (Yesterday)
Old 08-13-2024, 11:11 PM
Phillip Berk
Rennlist Member

Received 213 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by 96redLT4
Car taken off market
Regardless, this was the right choice- enjoy it and use it!
Old 08-14-2024, 12:43 PM
Rob Wolford
Rennlist Member

Received 120 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by abhi89vt
It's real bizarre for a dealership to come to an enthusiast forum and post this way. It makes no sense from a goodwill perspective. But the sad irony is that the reason why $49,000 over is normal is because of dealerships. Dealerships take ADM, not Porsche. Just weird to come on an enthusiast forum and talk about markup.
This is basically just Econ 101: Supply & Demand

Dealers charge ADM's because the demand exceeds supply, thanks to Porsche AG - not the dealers!

Buyers are willing to pay the ADM's which is why the dealers can charge them. As much fun as it is to blame the dealers, they can only engage in this behavior if there are also buyers willing to play.

As others pointed out, this behavior is no different than when you walk into the Rolex store to buy the stainless steel Daytona, or even worse... when your wife wants the Birkin bag.

Moreover, I am sure there are many girl Dads on this forum like me who got to experience the joys of supply & demand with Taylor Swift tickets during this past year. That experience made ADM's for Porsche GT cars seem reasonable by comparison!
The following users liked this post:
Phillip Berk (08-14-2024)
Old 08-14-2024, 12:51 PM
Shandingo
Rennlist Member

Received 66 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob Wolford

Dealers charge ADM's because the demand exceeds supply, thanks to Porsche AG - not the dealers!

Buyers are willing to pay the ADM's which is why the dealers can charge them. As much fun as it is to blame the dealers, they can only engage in this behavior if there are also buyers willing to play.

As others pointed out, this behavior is no different than when you walk into the Rolex store to buy the stainless steel Daytona, or even worse... when your wife wants the Birkin bag.

Moreover, I am sure there are many girl Dads on this forum like me who got to experience the joys of supply & demand with Taylor Swift tickets during this past year. That experience made ADM's for Porsche GT cars seem reasonable by comparison!
Don't say "Taylor Swift" unless you want my tween age daughter and all of her friends to take over this thread.
Old 08-14-2024, 01:05 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Received 1,393 Likes on 731 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob Wolford

Rolex and Hermes don't charge ADM. So, it is actually very different.

In Canada and many / most other countries, no ADM is charged by Porsche dealers. Now... that doesn't mean they won't low-ball your trade or make you buy a Taycan or 2.
Old 08-14-2024, 01:07 PM
Arp-Porsche
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WenigerAberBeser
Rolex and Hermes don't charge ADM. So, it is actually very different.

In Canada and many / most other countries, no ADM is charged by Porsche dealers. Now... that doesn't mean they won't low-ball your trade or make you buy a Taycan or 2.
only because Rolex doesn’t allow new models to be sold at an ADM (so the “dealers” reserve these for their higher spend clients and make it up elsewhere)…. Secondary market for Daytonas is no different than these cars. Like I said, Porsche can force the same but they don’t (I assume) so ADMs on new cars are a market result.
Old 08-14-2024, 01:30 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Received 1,393 Likes on 731 Posts

Originally Posted by Arp-Porsche
only because Rolex doesn’t allow new models to be sold at an ADM (so the “dealers” reserve these for their higher spend clients and make it up elsewhere)…. Secondary market for Daytonas is no different than these cars. Like I said, Porsche can force the same but they don’t (I assume) so ADMs on new cars are a market result.
yeah... spend a lot of money on cars I don't really want (Cayennes/Macans/base 911s / etc.) in order to 'MAYBE' get the car I want. OR, pay ADM once and know for sure I will get what I want.

BTW, pretty sure the SS Daytona market is set to crash even more. Wholesale is down ~$10k from a year ago and Rolex is building new production facilities. Flippers and the 'hype' will die considerably when not much meat on the bone after $15,100 + sales tax.
The following users liked this post:
msgs350 (08-14-2024)
Old 08-14-2024, 09:33 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 2,020 Likes on 1,138 Posts

What the sht happened here?

By all means, resume.
Old Yesterday, 07:53 PM
Yc911Kid
Three Wheelin'

Received 846 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheSanLuisObispo
$49,000 over sticker is a low ball ? Wow.
better adjust your offer coz I'm gonna lowball with 240 once it's stocked
Old Yesterday, 08:20 PM
Cul911
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GLWS!