Notices
The Rennlist Marketplace Porsche Vehicles & Parts For Sale
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forgeline GA1R in 997.1 NB fitment (GT3)

For Sale

Wheels and Tires/Axles

01-07-2024, 04:41 PM | Replies: 7 | Views: 1514
  • Wheels and Tires/Axles - Forgeline GA1R in 997.1 NB fitment (GT3) - Used - Charlotte, NC 28211, United States
  • Wheels and Tires/Axles - Forgeline GA1R in 997.1 NB fitment (GT3) - Used - Charlotte, NC 28211, United States
Rennlist Member

• Price
    $3,500
    • OBO
  • Location Charlotte, NC, 28211, USA
  • Condition Used
Description:

18 inch Forgeline GA1R wheels from my 997 GT3. These clear the OEM PCCB brake calipers and are very light and have good tire selection vs.19 inch wheels. The front wheels are half an inch wider than stock so you can run a 245 or wider tire up front easily. I am running a 245 section front tire and 315 section rear tire with no rubbing.

They come mounted on useable Nitto NT01 track tires but they are older date codes (2018 I believe) so would replace them soon. Photos above are of them on my actual car.

https://www.forgeline.com/ga1r-open-lug/p50

18x9 front
18x12 rear

Last edited by bergx7; 01-07-2024 at 04:42 PM. Reply
Old 01-21-2024, 02:39 PM
bergx7
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 62 Posts

Bump, open to offers. Track season is coming
Old 02-15-2024, 01:41 PM
BWRY
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please PM me about wheels and shipping to Norcal. Also, what's the offset of F/R wheels? Thnx.
Old 02-15-2024, 04:10 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,993 Likes on 1,775 Posts

How about we make the classifieds for only "Paying Rennlist Members" with at least 1 year on the books. We can scrape these pieces of feces of the shoes of Rennlist Classifieds.

The following 2 users liked this post by RAudi Driver:
flsupraguy (07-28-2024), SFZ GT3 (02-15-2024)
Old 02-15-2024, 07:35 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,121 Likes on 1,323 Posts

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
How about we make the classifieds for only "Paying Rennlist Members" with at least 1 year on the books. We can scrape these pieces of feces of the shoes of Rennlist Classifieds.
Ignoring the myriad of problems with this idea, it would only work for about a year. Then all the accounts they have been opening and posting with for that whole year will start to trickle in, probably at the 1 year mark for each given account, doing the same old scams.

How would the messaging go when someone tries to sell something on a new account? "hey, I deleted your post, you need to pay Rennlist money and also wait for a year before you can try to sell things. but then you can try to sell things! oh, but it'll only be to other people who waited a year and paid us, too." ? I certainly wouldn't want to be on either end of that conversation.

Understand that the accounts and posts are being created by real people. They may look obvious to you and me, but there is no programmatic way to definitively flag them. Not until someone figures out how to train an AI model to spot them with meaningful accuracy. This is not a problem that can be solved through policies; it's a culture problem.

We've got stickies with guidelines on how to not get scammed. People ignore them.
We have automated warnings in contrasting colors on top of messages from new accounts. People ignore them.
We tag posts within a topic that are authored by the original poster with a special black emblem that says "THREAD STARTER". People don't seem to be aware of this.
We even have members here that quote scam posts with "this is a scam!!!!!" on every post they see. The efficacy of this is questionable at best.
We actively hand-prune scammers as they sign up and post. This is an untenable solution.

I'd love to have a policy I can implement that would stop this from happening. I truly would. If you come up with something solid, we'd love to hear it.

Until then, we need to figure out how to teach people not to send an $800 venmo for a $1500 item because someone with a username like "jfdashsfd" told them at 3:25 AM "the seller isn't active on this forum, email mox_gfg33342@hotmael.cx.ru for a quick response brother"
Old 02-16-2024, 02:08 PM
BWRY
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this aimed at me or BERGX7? I asked for a PM simply to go over my specific questions to a listing that Bergx7 bumped within the past 30 days. From this request alone, I received two bogus pitches but not from Bergx7.
Old 02-22-2024, 02:30 AM
bergx7
Rennlist Member

BWRY I think you’ll find a lot of scammers look a lot like new forum participants such as yourself so some of the old farts (myself included) get frustrated by the complexity of selling things on here. THAT BEING SAID, it doesn’t mean YOU are not legit, just that we have to do a little more legwork to diligence vs someone that’s been on here for years. Your dollar is certainly worth just as much as theirs and I appreciate the interest.

I received your PM and happy to discuss the wheels with you to understand if they are right for you.

And I appreciate the free bumps from all.
Old 07-28-2024, 01:50 PM
bergx7
Rennlist Member

BUMP still available