Notices
The Rennlist Marketplace Porsche Vehicles & Parts For Sale
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2023 911 Carrera GTS…arrives next week. Anyone want my allocation?

For Sale

2023 Porsche 911

09-18-2023, 12:24 AM | Replies: 34 | Views: 19300
  • 2023 Porsche 911 - 2023 911 Carrera GTS…arrives next week.  Anyone want my allocation? - New - VIN xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 6 cyl - 2WD - Automatic - Coupe - Silver - San Francisco, CA 94103, United States
Track Day

• Price
    $186,000
  • Location San Francisco, CA, 94103, USA
  • Condition New
  • VIN xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Trim Carrera GTS
  • Engine 6 cyl
  • Drive Type 2WD
  • Transmission Automatic
  • Vehicle Type Coupe
  • Exterior Color Silver
Description:

I received an allocation at the beginning of this year for a 911 GTS hoping it would arrive in 2024, it arrives next week at the dealership here in San Francisco. Despite my enthusiasm for the car, I have to let it go as it does not make financial sense for me at the moment as I have allocations for several other vehicles as well. 

My salesman spent a lot of time with me configuring the car to the most desirable and tasteful spec, and I don’t want him to lose the sale after all the time invested so I’m mainly doing this so he doesn’t lose out on his well earned commission as I do consider him a friend.  Having said that, I am asking for $10k for the allocation (its not really an allocation since the car is already here and available) to reimburse me for my deposit and time spent. Considering the additional $15k-$20k ADM that dealerships were charging at the time I placed my order, I think $10k over MSRP for a desirably and tastefully spec’s 911 GTS that is here and available is a reasonable deal for a rennlist member.  

I am mindful of scams, so I simply propose that the prospective buyer meet me at the porsche dealership to purchase the car at MSRP, since it’s currently  being reserved for me and me only.  $10k can be paid when you drive it off the lot, nothing scammy.  PM me if interested, seriously inquiries only.  

911 Carrera GTS $186,000 MSRP

GT Silver Metallic
Leather Interior in Black with Chalk Stitching
Extended Range Fuel Tank (23.7 gal.)
Rear Axle Steering
Model Designation on Rear in High Gloss Black
Exclusive Design Tailpipes in Silver
Power Steering Plus
Exterior Package in High Gloss Black
Heated GT Sport Steering Wheel w/ Trim in Matte Carbon Fiber Front Axle Lift System
Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof in Glass
Porsche Crest on Headrests (Front)
Ventilated Seats (Front)
Interior Trim Inlays in Matte Carbon Fiber
Roof Lining in Race-Tex
Door-Sill Guards in Matte Carbon Fiber, Illuminated
LED-Matrix Design Headlights in Black incl. PDLS+
Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
Seat Belts in Silver Grey
"PORSCHE" Logo on Rear in High Gloss Black
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Memory Package
Under Door Puddle Light Projectors

Popular Reply

09-18-2023, 11:26 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,076 Likes on 482 Posts

This is precisely what is wrong with the Porsche "market" as it applies to life long enthusiasts of the brand. I've been waiting for my deposit to turn into an allocation for 16 months now. And there's people taking allocations and speccing cars knowing full well they won't be taking the car. To me, it's souring things significantly.
Old 09-18-2023, 12:06 PM
LISsailor
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 87 Posts

Rennlist is really an amazing place. What an opportunity!
The following users liked this post:
Gleebag (09-18-2023)
Old 09-18-2023, 12:13 PM
bluelines1974
Rennlist Member

Received 442 Likes on 236 Posts

Logistically how do you even make this work? The allocation is not something you own that can be sold. To have something you can actually sell, you would have to take delivery of the car and then re-sell it, but then you'd be out the sales tax. The dealership would simply have to agree to sell the car to the new buyer, when I'm sure they would prefer to go to one of their existing customers who's waiting for a GTS and offer it to them, on whatever terms they decide are fair.

It's quite hard for the dealership to keep your deposit if that's what you're concerned about.
Old 09-18-2023, 12:22 PM
LISsailor
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 87 Posts

My favorite part is having hogging multiple allocations but it not making financial sense to commensurate any of these purchases. If the seller actually cares about the salesman, as stated, then maybe pick a model's allocation and follow through. Sheesh!
The following 14 users liked this post by LISsailor:
168glhs1986 (09-20-2023), Agentorange (09-18-2023), ATX_Native (09-20-2023), Brainofjjj (09-18-2023), cwbrown (09-24-2023), George from MD (09-24-2023), jp884 (09-19-2023), Kheires (09-21-2023), SapphireBlue981S (09-30-2023), SeanPatrick31 (09-18-2023), speakerguy88 (09-25-2023), St8haus (09-18-2023), timothymoffat (09-18-2023), Tombstone4478 (05-30-2024) and 9 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-18-2023, 12:35 PM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Received 2,080 Likes on 990 Posts

why automatic why why why !!!!!!

Kidding (sorta) aside.. looks like a very nice build

Last edited by desmotesta; 09-18-2023 at 12:36 PM.
The following users liked this post:
MaddMike (09-18-2023)
Old 09-18-2023, 12:43 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,881 Likes on 1,904 Posts

Originally Posted by bluelines1974
Logistically how do you even make this work? The allocation is not something you own that can be sold. To have something you can actually sell, you would have to take delivery of the car and then re-sell it, but then you'd be out the sales tax. The dealership would simply have to agree to sell the car to the new buyer, when I'm sure they would prefer to go to one of their existing customers who's waiting for a GTS and offer it to them, on whatever terms they decide are fair.

It's quite hard for the dealership to keep your deposit if that's what you're concerned about.
Very easy to just change buyers of the dealership agrees. However, it’s California, so the OP gets his deposit back either way. Not sure why he’s asking for $10k for a deposit the dealer legally has to return to him.
Old 09-18-2023, 01:01 PM
bluelines1974
Rennlist Member

Received 442 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Very easy to just change buyers of the dealership agrees. However, it’s California, so the OP gets his deposit back either way. Not sure why he’s asking for $10k for a deposit the dealer legally has to return to him.
Right, but that's kind of my point - the dealership has to agree since this is their transaction. It's not something the "seller" and the SA can agree to without the dealership being part of the discussion, so it just seems like such an unlikely scenario. I can see it if the dealership was otherwise going to be stuck with some crazy spec / colour combination, but a GT Silver GTS with nice options is probably a very easy car to sell. In the ad, the seller notes that the $10k is "to reimburse me for my deposit and time spent," so it seems likely that the deposit isn't even $10k in the first place.
Old 09-18-2023, 01:13 PM
forbiddenbeat
Rennlist Member

Received 200 Likes on 129 Posts

Right, but that's kind of my point - the dealership has to agree since this is their transaction. It's not something the "seller" and the SA can agree to without the dealership being part of the discussion, so it just seems like such an unlikely scenario. I can see it if the dealership was otherwise going to be stuck with some crazy spec / colour combination, but a GT Silver GTS with nice options is probably a very easy car to sell. In the ad, the seller notes that the $10k is "to reimburse me for my deposit and time spent," so it seems likely that the deposit isn't even $10k in the first place.
It's probably not, but my read was he's offering a GTS to this community for less than what you'd be able to get it for going to the dealer directly. Assuming GTS's can't be had for MSRP anywhere else, this seems like a nice offer. But yes, the dealer would have to agree to sell it the buyer and not anyone else. Perhaps since the OP is friends with the salesperson this is indeed the plan.
Old 09-18-2023, 01:19 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Right, but that's kind of my point - the dealership has to agree since this is their transaction. It's not something the "seller" and the SA can agree to without the dealership being part of the discussion, so it just seems like such an unlikely scenario.
Based on the wording in his ad, I assume he’s already discussed with his SA. Further, SA’s do this all the time, because they would lose their commission if another sale person sells the car. Finally, a high option GTS not specced by the buyer is not going to garner an ADM right now. In this market I’m sure his SA would let the car go at sticker to anyone willing to pay.
Old 09-18-2023, 02:27 PM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Received 2,080 Likes on 990 Posts

Originally Posted by LISsailor
My favorite part is having hogging multiple allocations but it not making financial sense to commensurate any of these purchases. If the seller actually cares about the salesman, as stated, then maybe pick a model's allocation and follow through. Sheesh!

Not in the ERA of "grabbing an allocation" = Free money

This Era is not entirely a reflection of said sellers, but of Free Market Capitalism.. I see nothing wrong with it, folks are happy when its working in their favor, and not understanding when its working in someone else's.. pretty simple really
Old 09-18-2023, 02:57 PM
Jay9722
Racer

Received 151 Likes on 79 Posts

My 10% deposit at the time we submitted the build was non refundable. This was Georgia so maybe state laws are different in California. Or maybe that’s what they tell everyone to avoid the situation Op is in presently.
Old 09-18-2023, 09:08 PM
Prototyp1
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 29 Posts

OP is clear what he wants. Just wanted to make it less obvious for the crowd here.

Facst:

- OP wants to pocket the 10k, for his time he spent to spec the build. yeah I LOL'd.
- OP knows if he backs out, the dealer gets to do whatever they want with it.
- OP is in California, Non-refundable deposit does NOT exist.
- OP buys the car he pays full sales tax that he's not getting a dime back. Not sure how he thinks he can pull that one out by having the new buyer to be on contract. Assuming some backdoor action?

Can't see how it's going to work. If you don't want the car, don't take the allocation thinking you're going to make a quick bucks!
-
The following 3 users liked this post by Prototyp1:
axecap911 (06-05-2024), Kheires (09-21-2023), timothymoffat (09-18-2023)
Old 09-18-2023, 09:31 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by Prototyp1
OP is clear what he wants. Just wanted to make it less obvious for the crowd here.

Facst:

- OP wants to pocket the 10k, for his time he spent to spec the build. yeah I LOL'd.
- OP knows if he backs out, the dealer gets to do whatever they want with it.
- OP is in California, Non-refundable deposit does NOT exist.
- OP buys the car he pays full sales tax that he's not getting a dime back. Not sure how he thinks he can pull that one out by having the new buyer to be on contract. Assuming some backdoor action?

Can't see how it's going to work. If you don't want the car, don't take the allocation thinking you're going to make a quick bucks!
-
Other than him trying to get $10k out of the deal, you’re pretty much wrong on everything above. It is not uncommon to work with a dealer to transfer an allocation or car to another buyer, and there is nothing untoward about it. I did it myself five years ago with one of the largest Premier Porsche dealers in the U.S.
Old 09-18-2023, 09:38 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 790 Likes on 399 Posts

Go back and get your deposit and move on. Embarrassment will be gone in a couple weeks.
The following 3 users liked this post by joejenie:
m5biemer (09-24-2023), Multimodal (02-10-2024), RAudi Driver (09-21-2023)
Old 09-18-2023, 09:39 PM
Prototyp1
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 29 Posts

Other than him trying to get $10k out of the deal, you’re pretty much wrong on everything above. It is not uncommon to work with a dealer to transfer an allocation or car to another buyer, and there is nothing untoward about it. I did it myself five years ago with one of the largest Premier Porsche dealers in the U.S.
Depends on your relationship and intention with the dealership and management team. In this case, OP is looking to pocket the ADM. if anything, dealer is making the ADM, not the guy who ordered the car and backs out. I see nothing else wrong about what I said, let alone the deposit.