Notices
The Rennlist Marketplace Porsche Vehicles & Parts For Sale
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Progressive Shift Light Ecliptech SP2P - Shift-P2+

For Sale

Accessories

07-17-2022, 11:41 AM | Replies: 5 | Views: 790
  • Accessories - Progressive Shift Light Ecliptech SP2P - Shift-P2+ - Used - All Years Any Make All Models - Apalachin, NY 13732, United States
    Sold
  • Accessories - Progressive Shift Light Ecliptech SP2P - Shift-P2+ - Used - All Years Any Make All Models - Apalachin, NY 13732, United States
    Sold
    Sold
    Sold
    Sold
    Sold
Rennlist Member

• Price
    $210
  • Location Apalachin, NY, 13732, USA
  • Condition Used
  • Compatibility
Make Model Year
Any Make Any Model Any Year
Description:

Ecliptech SP2P - Shift-P2+

The Shift-P2 is a sophisticated RPM engine gauge, designed to be used in your peripheral vision.

It has been engineered to give you a highly configurable gauge.

The Shift-P2 is simple and intuitive to setup with an interactive display.

Wiring & Compatibility

The Shift-P2 is designed to be compatible with a wide range of ignition systems.  

Modern vehicles with coil-on-plug (including those with CAN Bus).

Compatible with multi-spark ignition systems.

ECUs with a Tach Output. 5V & 12V square/pulse signals.

Coil packs switched on the negative, including wasted spark.

Works with many distributors (please ensure no excessive contact bounce with mechanical distributors).

The Shift-P2 is not directly compatible with magneto ignition, capacitor discharge, condenser type ignition systems typically used on 2-stroke engines.  It is not compatible or appropriate to connect to cam shaft position sensors.  Do not attempt to connect directly to these signals, as damage may result to the unit and/or vehicle. The Shift-P2 is however compatible with these if the ECU has a dedicated tach output or a tacho converter is used with these ignition types.

Requires only 3 wires to be connected, RPM (blue)Switched 12V (Red), Ground (Black). 

A further 3 wires are provided for Shift-P2+ additional functionality (see User Manual).

Green = Channel-1       White = Channel-2     Orange = Channel-3

Used great condition

$210

Last edited by NYoutftr; 07-17-2022 at 04:24 PM. Reply
Old 07-23-2022, 10:16 PM
G8rJimbo
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

Damn it man….why you tempting me???
Old 07-24-2022, 01:47 AM
NYoutftr
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by G8rJimbo
Damn it man….why you tempting me???
This has been a fantastic shift light.
I had it programmed to SHIFT FLASH @ 6800, there is no sense reving my engine passed that based on dyno.
You can program colors and amount of lights as you wish.
I had my first light come on as green @ 4100 rpm, my preferred shift point for everyday driving.
Then then 3 addition green lights progressive @ 500 rpm intervals
My first yellow, 5th light came on @ 6100, second yellow @ 6600 rpm
RED SHIFT FLASH @ 6800 rpm.
You can have whatever you want, you can even program a launch control blink if you want.
This is how I mounted it in my 996.2

Old 07-24-2022, 07:29 AM
G8rJimbo
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

Did you screw it ti the steering column? Or Velcro? Wiring def looks easy enough.
Old 07-24-2022, 11:29 AM
NYoutftr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by G8rJimbo
Did you screw it ti the steering column? Or Velcro? Wiring def looks easy enough.
Very easy
I only used three wires
I installed it with double sided velcro tape, which is still on it, you could still reuse it, it held that well.
I played with location a bit before securing, I have a Techart GT3 wheel which is smaller diameter and thicker. I am short. So front to rear placement took a few minutes.
The wire loom snakes through gap as shown, pulls down on left side of column, runs over a few inches to the wires that feed the panel, that's it, 3 wires.
Then you program it for what you want, if I remember correctly, the first part of programming is number of cylinders, 2-12.
Here are photos marked up
Thanks
David

Old 07-24-2022, 07:46 PM
NYoutftr
Rennlist Member

Thank you