Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2019 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 GTS - Carmine Red

For Sale

Old 05-02-2020, 03:05 AM
Targat2017
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

add: currently negotiating a P-car from So. ON; 2.5% U,S, duty plus... *transportation is ~$1500USD (700 miles) includes border process

BTW, analyze dealer's invoice for some addt'l charges (saved $500 +/-)
Porsche wheel Pkg is a must!
Old 05-02-2020, 10:22 AM
Tim the Engineer
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 43 Posts

The 2.5% is calculated on the NADA wholesale value, I believe. This is probably lower than the selling price.

I sold my GT3 to an American. He had no issues at the border (he drove the car home, but I went to the border with him, just in case). Make sure you have the US environmental compliance letter from Porsche.
Old 05-02-2020, 09:07 PM
slainte312
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe stupid question here, but are Canadian emissions identical to US emissions requirements. I realize each US state has different requirements (or none) but will it meet the strictest US requirements? I'm seeing reference to the PCNA / DOT letter being needed so I'm assuming a P car imported to Canada is similar if not identical to a P car imported to the US from the mother country (DE). Just wondering if when I get it back to Illinois if there will be emissions issues as they do testing, unlike Michigan where I am currently staying.

Very appealing deal otherwise, since I'm currently living just across the pond (in Detroit). Thanks everyone, also new to the forum and dying to get back in something soon

Previous:
'07 C2S
'86 Carrera Coupe
Old 05-02-2020, 09:42 PM
Dkk16
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by slainte312
Maybe stupid question here, but are Canadian emissions identical to US emissions requirements. I realize each US state has different requirements (or none) but will it meet the strictest US requirements? I'm seeing reference to the PCNA / DOT letter being needed so I'm assuming a P car imported to Canada is similar if not identical to a P car imported to the US from the mother country (DE). Just wondering if when I get it back to Illinois if there will be emissions issues as they do testing, unlike Michigan where I am currently staying.

Very appealing deal otherwise, since I'm currently living just across the pond (in Detroit). Thanks everyone, also new to the forum and dying to get back in something soon

Previous:
'07 C2S
'86 Carrera Coupe
There is some incorrect information above on importing...

Yes, the EPA & DOT are the same. For Import / Export purposes you will still need to provide the Letter of Compliances from PCNA. There are other Doc's as well: Bill of Sale, Declaration, CPB form 5106, etc... Your Broker will have a checklist of 12-14 items you need to complete. Unless your an expert and have connections, I would advise you to get a Broker as I mentioned above. The last thing I want is to have my $150K Porsche stuck at a Border Impound Lot for a few days while I scramble to get documentation somebody neglected to tell me.

Double check with your State DMV on their requirements and costs to re-title a Canadian Vehicle to a U.S. Vehicle as well. It worked out very favorable in Arizona.

The cost for the Broker to handle ALL your paperwork is $400. Plus the transport fee. Mine was $2K from Calgary to Phoenix. Very reasonable & professional transport. Then TFX charged me 2.45% for all the other items combined: taxes, fees, duties. bonds, etc... They all add up to 2.45%. Believe me, this was my 1st time doing this and was I very nervous. If you don't use TFX for whatever reason, use someone as qualified. These guys do all the big Auctions in the Southwest every year in the Spring to Canada & Back.
Old 05-03-2020, 01:01 AM
Stethoscope
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

The import process from Canada to the USA is straightforward.

Some relevant info: US custom and border information website: https://www.cbp.gov/trade/basic-impo.../importing-car

Companies such as TFX make the process seamless: https://www.tfxinternational.com/services/cars

This is a private sale, I am not a dealer. I am the only owner and have ALL relevant documentation/service invoices.

All costs (duties, fees, taxes, etc) will likely be less than $5000, check with a qualified broker for a free quote.

Get it before it's gone, COVID pricing at its finest.
Old 05-04-2020, 05:29 AM
KP993
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Stethoscope
The import process from Canada to the USA is straightforward.

Some relevant info: US custom and border information website: https://www.cbp.gov/trade/basic-impo.../importing-car

Companies such as TFX make the process seamless: https://www.tfxinternational.com/services/cars

This is a private sale, I am not a dealer. I am the only owner and have ALL relevant documentation/service invoices.

All costs (duties, fees, taxes, etc) will likely be less than $5000, check with a qualified broker for a free quote.

Get it before it's gone, COVID pricing at its finest.
I sold a Canadian 997 TT to the States last year and it's not as simple as I thought. The biggest hurdle for me was when I called Porsche Canada to get the required letter to prove the car meets all US's standards, they put in the letter and said the speedometer will need to be converted from Metric to Imperial. I called them to ask whether switching the digital gauge will satisfy that requirement and they refused to give me an answer and asked me to verify with a dealership, and of course the dealership couldn't give me an answer either as they are not the one who ship the car across the border. I then talked to at least five custom brokers and they all said I have to swap the gauge cluster ($6k+ parts and labour) based on what Porsche Canada said in the letter. Eventually the buyer found a custom broker in Ontario (I live in BC) who is willing to take the car across the border without needing us to swap the gauge cluster. I don't know whether that's because they done it before, or they know someone in US custom, or any other reasons. In conclusion this is doable, but you got to find the right custom broker to do it, not anyone can do it.

Old 05-04-2020, 04:44 PM
Stethoscope
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KP993
I sold a Canadian 997 TT to the States last year and it's not as simple as I thought. The biggest hurdle for me was when I called Porsche Canada to get the required letter to prove the car meets all US's standards, they put in the letter and said the speedometer will need to be converted from Metric to Imperial. I called them to ask whether switching the digital gauge will satisfy that requirement and they refused to give me an answer and asked me to verify with a dealership, and of course the dealership couldn't give me an answer either as they are not the one who ship the car across the border. I then talked to at least five custom brokers and they all said I have to swap the gauge cluster ($6k+ parts and labour) based on what Porsche Canada said in the letter. Eventually the buyer found a custom broker in Ontario (I live in BC) who is willing to take the car across the border without needing us to swap the gauge cluster. I don't know whether that's because they done it before, or they know someone in US custom, or any other reasons. In conclusion this is doable, but you got to find the right custom broker to do it, not anyone can do it.
That might be because your car was at least 7 years old then. Many newer 991's have had no such issues. It's best to approach a broker to sort out these details, for most it's a seamless process as described in prior posts of those who have successfully imported into the US from Canada.
Old 05-09-2020, 02:46 PM
Stethoscope
Rennlist Member

Price reduced. You will not find a better packaged deal. More pics added.
US buyers are welcome, importing from Canada into the US is affordable and straightforward.