Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Macan S order placed! My 911SC was getting lonely...

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 04:34 PM
svc
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Macan S order placed! My 911SC was getting lonely...

Hi guys- long time lurker, first time poster. Guess I joined Rennlist back in 2010, when I was fortunate enough to buy a 1983 911SC Targa in Chiffon White from a relative for a ridiculous price (seriously, you'd hate me if I told you, and I don't want you to hate me already). My daily driver for the last 14 years has been a 2003 Subaru WRX Wagon, heavily modified, and a blast to drive (great in the snow too). But it was getting tired, and along came the Macan. I already had Porsche in my blood from the 911, so that was an easy decision.

I just ordered a modestly built Macan S in Volcano Grey about a week ago, from a broker who was able to set up the financing I needed to pull the trigger. Kinda weird that the broker is a go-between, and I would have preferred to pester the dealer directly, but I do know the dealer where it's coming from and can ask all I want about the status of my order.

The build sheet has "V110 - IMP Text Handling Required" which I thought meant it was a paint-to-sample, but since it's Volcano Grey, I don't know... maybe all non-$0 paint options are considered PTS?

Anyway, here's my build!

Volcano Grey
Standard Interior in Agate Grey
Deletion of Model Designation
Air Suspension & PASM
20" RS Spyder Design Wheels
Wheel Center Caps with Colored Porsche Crest
Panoramic Roof System
Porsche Logo Painted
Window Trim in Black
Heated Steering Wheel in Dark Walnut
Interior Walnut Package

I only got the build sheet from Porsche 2 days ago and I'm already impatient. Hoping for at least a mid-August delivery, as I'm planning a 3,000 mile road trip up the coast of California for mid-September if it works out. Fingers crossed!

Also, here's a pic of my 911, decked out as Herbie the Love Porsche. I've always been a fan of the older Herbie movies, even have a Corgi named Herbie. I had magnetic graphics made and then found out there's a move car club in Colorado with about 40 members. They do a lot of charity events, visit schools and nursing homes, it's super goofy and a lot of fun. The racing stripe is in vinyl but the rest are magnetic, so I can still be somewhat subtle if I want.

Quick Reply: Macan S order placed! My 911SC was getting lonely...