New Macan GTS

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 08:15 PM
modkrazy
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Macan GTS

Hey folks,

Joining the Macan GTS party. I've been an M3 driver for the better part of a decade, and was going to get the ZCP M4 to replace my dearly departed E92. I had an order on the books and waiting for production, but finally decided against it because I found myself digging deep into BMW Individual options to make me like the car, and it felt silly spending all that wait time and money on something I didn't intend to keep for the long haul (I was going to keep the E92 forever, and may probably pick one up for a dedicated track car a few years from now).

I will still look wistfully at M4s when they drive by, but the additional comforts and practicality of the Macan makes this a non-brainer comparison for living in a traffic-congested city.

I ended up with a lot car due to more aggressive offer from dealer and lack of wait time to build a new one. Thankfully, the car had everything I wanted except for the red-painted dials (probably just saved me $700 more ).

Volcanic Grey on black Spyders, garnet red 14-way ventilated seats, gts black aluminum trim, premium package, Nav/connect plus, sports chrono, TQV, rails, hitch and painted side blades. Already purchased a cargo management system for retrofitting. Paperwork done, but as it was an out of state car, won't have it in my hands until Saturday. Can't wait!

Only mods (gotta do at least a little, can't help it) will be to explore options on side marker delete (surprised this is not more common, it's the default first mod on all BMWs ), and maybe Cobb when the car is broken in. Otherwise, I plan to avoid my previous ridiculous (and unrecoupable) modding excesses with this more "mature" vehicle.

Quick Reply: New Macan GTS