Macan 2014-Current

Looking for Brake Upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 12:43 AM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Looking for Brake Upgrade?

I wonder if any MaCan owners here are looking for upgrading their stock brakes?

Racingbrake has recently been in development of a complete CCB upgrade including RB calipers.
Old 11-03-2016, 10:58 AM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Here is the link to RB-CCB Carbon Ceramic Brake upgrade package for all MaCan:

http://www.racingbrake.com/RB-CCB-Sy...ccb-por-06.htm
Old 11-04-2016, 01:58 PM
Chedman13
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks. Few questions.

1) Carbon Ceramic Rotors - for typical street driving and no track, how long will these hypothetically last without replacement assuming they don't get damaged? Is 100,000 miles possible (with clearly a lot of assumptions)?

2) Pads - how often for typical street driving and no track do they need to be replaced?

3) Fitment - will I need spacers for OEM wheels? I don't know the difference of the OEM caliper vs RacingBrakes.

4) This isn't meant to be a pointed question, I just haven't done the research yet - but what's the benefit of your RacingBrake CCB upgrade vs. doing the OEM Porsche CCB upgrade. I haven't investigated cost, but I assume OEM cost more.

I have a 2016 Porsche Macan Turbo that will need new rotors and brake pads soon. I plan to keep this car for a long time and depending on your answers, might be able to "justify" this upgrade. Clearly standard rotors will do and more cost efficient, but this would be very cool to upgrade to!
Old 11-05-2016, 02:37 PM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Chedman13
Thanks. Few questions.

1) Carbon Ceramic Rotors - for typical street driving and no track, how long will these hypothetically last without replacement assuming they don't get damaged? Is 100,000 miles possible (with clearly a lot of assumptions)?

2) Pads - how often for typical street driving and no track do they need to be replaced?

3) Fitment - will I need spacers for OEM wheels? I don't know the difference of the OEM caliper vs RacingBrakes.

4) This isn't meant to be a pointed question, I just haven't done the research yet - but what's the benefit of your RacingBrake CCB upgrade vs. doing the OEM Porsche CCB upgrade. I haven't investigated cost, but I assume OEM cost more.

I have a 2016 Porsche Macan Turbo that will need new rotors and brake pads soon. I plan to keep this car for a long time and depending on your answers, might be able to "justify" this upgrade. Clearly standard rotors will do and more cost efficient, but this would be very cool to upgrade to!
In other fitments, in street driving the CCBs could easily last 80k miles. Not sure about the pads. Benefits are instant and strong bite, no fade after repeated heavy stops, and very little visible brake dust. Downside is cost and potential for breakage from hitting things (rocks, or careless fitment when wheels are put on or taken off).
Old 11-05-2016, 03:51 PM
Chedman13
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks. Any comments on brake noise?

Originally Posted by Need4S
In other fitments, in street driving the CCBs could easily last 80k miles. Not sure about the pads. Benefits are instant and strong bite, no fade after repeated heavy stops, and very little visible brake dust. Downside is cost and potential for breakage from hitting things (rocks, or careless fitment when wheels are put on or taken off).
Old 11-06-2016, 03:15 AM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Thanks. Any comments on brake noise?
Noise is too dependent on the particular implementation. But some systems have been known to squeak a bit.
Old 11-08-2016, 10:32 AM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Thanks. Few questions.

RB iron rotors are lasting more than 100,00 miles (see this testimonial from an E63 Mercedes owner including his track days)
http://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/4...ml#post6831579

So I would think it should last longer than 100,000 miles if a right pad such as our XT910 compound is used.

We recommend to replace brake pads more often for CCM than iron rotors, at about 35-40k miles.

Not required as far as we can tell from the caliper body size between OE and RB.

We used Surface Transforms CCM-X discs which are made of continuous carbon fiber than OE's chopped fibers so they are stronger and more durable, they can be re-furbished vs. OE's disposable. Even for rotor replacement you can just replace the disc vs. OE's which you must purchase the complete rotor assembly - A highly expensive item that scares most Porsche owners.

Aside from performance advantage (extremely low dust and better response in pedal and modulation etc.) you will probably never have to replace these CCM rotors so over the time you save hassle in replacement.

This first RB-CCB brake kit is designed and built for a MaCan Turbo owner from Taiwan (fits S/Turbo/GTS), and we appreciate his confidence on RB*.

This kit is expected to ship in about 6-8 weeks

Please PM us if you like to pursue this set up, so we may tag your order for the same leadtime.

*We are considered the most experienced brake company in designing and building CCM brake kits. In addition to Porsche & Ferrari, we have shipped to GT-R, Mercedes (GT S & C63S), Audi, Dodge (Challenger/Hellcat & Viper), Chevy (Camaro & Corvette), Tesla, and BMW M3/M4 and the newest Mustang are being developed.

Quick Reply: Looking for Brake Upgrade?