Macan 2014-Current

PCM 4.0 (MY17 and higher) Oct 2016 Software Update

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 10:22 AM
Philip Goughary
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default PCM 4.0 (MY17 and higher) Oct 2016 Software Update

First, please forgive me for starting a new thread for this post. With all of the issues involving PCM 4.0 and the many different threads that touch on each issue, I thought it would be best.

A software update for PCM 4.0 owners hit the dealerships this week. I had it installed on our MY17 Macan S over the course of Monday-Tuesday. Piggy backing off of my posts on macanforum.com, I thought that I would share some insight on what this update entailed, what issues I was having that the update resolved, and what the update did not change (per various requests that I’ve received from other PCM 4.0 owners to check up on).

The update itself is quite large, coming in three segments – PCM update, Navigation Maps update, and instrument cluster update. The first segment alone takes an hour and a half, so be prepared to either drop the car off overnight or spend most of a day at the dealership. Per our car's PCM update, the version numbers are as follows:

Software version: MH12_US_POG11_K3300 0809

Hardware version: 051

Navigation database version: V03959802GC 0054 NAR 2016/2017

Gracenote version: Region=NORTH_AMERICA – Version=9

Media driver version: CLU6_MMX2_PAG_NAR_G11_073PROD-1

Phone driver version: 10.468.116

Issues we had that were resolved:

1) Radio preset memory was erasing any newly saved channels with every restart:

Resolved.

2) Navigation system destination memory was resetting my trip with every restart:

Resolved.

3) Apple CarPlay disclaimer / Acceptance screen was resetting for each phone with every restart:

Resolved.

Issues that I experienced that were not resolved:

1) Ability to set diamond button on the steering wheel to activate the parking cameras:
Not resolved. The “Surround View” option is there to be selected but does not function with the diamond button on the steering wheel regardless of speed or gear selection.

Issues other people experienced and asked me about:

1) Using the diamond button on the steering wheel to access saved radio presets:

The diamond button doesn’t seem to be able to access radio presets; however, the presets are not lost on powering off / locking the car anymore.

2) Voice button not working with SIRI when using Apple CarPlay:

Resolved. SIRI control works by holding down the voice button when an iPhone is connected and running CarPlay

3) Automatically always folding in side mirrors on shutting down the car:

Not updated, i.e. Automatically folding the mirrors without having to hold the button longer, ETC does not seem to have been added.

4) Adding Apple CarPlay Maps on instrument cluster.

Not updated, i.e. Doesn’t seem to have been added with this update

5) ACC distance memory (always have to change from 3 bars to 2)

Not updated, i.e. Doesn’t seem to have been added with this update

6) FM/AM radio sorting options memory (reverts to sorting by station frequency even when set to sort by signal strength)

Not updated. The radio sorting option still reverts to frequency after restarting the car

That’s all I’ve got. I hope that this is helpful! Overall the update resolved just about all of our issues, some of which were hair-ripping frustrating.

Last edited by Philip Goughary; 10-26-2016 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-01-2016, 06:02 PM
Stuart Robertson
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can I ask what this cost to have installed? Stuart
Old 11-03-2016, 11:42 AM
Philip Goughary
Racer

Originally Posted by Stuart Robertson
Can I ask what this cost to have installed? Stuart
Warrantee item.
Old 12-14-2016, 12:27 PM
daxle
1st Gear

I thought this update would apply to any 2017 model year PCM 4 with an older software build. I took my 2017 Cayenne (SW build 3290 0759) in hoping to get the update and fix the siri button, but the dealer said the update wouldn't work on my vehicle.

Frustrating since I see 2017 Macan owners with same SW/HW version that can get the update. Philip, I see you are in Houston as well, what dealer handled this for you?
Old 12-17-2016, 07:08 PM
Philip Goughary
Racer

Originally Posted by daxle
Philip, I see you are in Houston as well, what dealer handled this for you?
Porsche of North Houston
Old 12-17-2016, 11:54 PM
dlynch
Advanced

Thank you for your thorough post.

Quick Reply: PCM 4.0 (MY17 and higher) Oct 2016 Software Update