Notices
Macan 2014-Current

How to Drain Windshield Washer Reservoir?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 08:53 PM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 458 Likes on 286 Posts
Default How to Drain Windshield Washer Reservoir?

I'd like to drain the windshield washer reservoir so that I can add the correct solution of winter fluid but, after the screen is removed, there's a baffle that prohibits access. Just topping off the reservoir may or may not give the necessary protection. Anyone know how to drain it?
p.s.: I just checked on the other forum and have determined that the only way is to run the system until the low level warning appears which indicates .5L is left. Thanks, Porsche engineers for not trusting us with simple access to the reservoir. I'm thinking that a hole in the baffle would allow a tube to be inserted, then siphon the contents of the reservoir.
p.s.s.: Upon further investigation, the exploded view parts diagram reveals that what we see in the engine compartment is just a small receiving tank with a tube that feeds into the big reservoir. Bummer!

Last edited by NC TRACKRAT; 10-21-2016 at 09:15 AM.
Old 11-16-2016, 04:16 PM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Received 144 Likes on 113 Posts

You have two choices. Run the windshield wiper pump? It will take a few minutes. Which is what I do.
or
My friends wife filled her windshield wiper reservoir with oil? Yup, blond girl thing.
Pumped it out with a drill pump, then flushed it with soapy hot water, then flushed and filled with winter fluid.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: How to Drain Windshield Washer Reservoir?