Macan 2014-Current

Reverse mirror tilt pointing up rather than down? Also faux key query

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 09:39 AM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

Received 263 Likes on 132 Posts
Default Reverse mirror tilt pointing up rather than down? Also faux key query

Wanted to know if this was proper behavior in the Macan? On all my bmw the mirrors would tilt downward towards the pavement. However my mirror tilts upwards. Not sure if I have an incorrect setting. Also I would like to remove the faux key for entry and drive and found online I am supposed to hold it to the left but a light twist to the left and putting pressure to the left doesn't seem to disengage the key from the slot. I have held it for a solid 30 seconds and nothing appears to happen.

Video of my mirror issue
https://goo.gl/photos/CTJ9VKUURs5B3UeMA
Old 10-11-2016, 11:51 AM
RFGGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Go into the settings menu and reverse options will let you set the reverse mirror correctly. Mine was delivered the same way with the mirror tilting up when engaging reverse.
Old 10-11-2016, 12:05 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 307 Likes on 173 Posts

If it's anything like my Boxster, the angle the mirror takes when you use that feature is configurable and tied to the key memory settings. I believe if you turn on the feature, put it in reverse, and then set it where you want it and save the settings, it should then remember it and go back there in the future.
Old 10-11-2016, 02:21 PM
Pokerhobo
Burning Brakes

Received 548 Likes on 301 Posts

This should have been caught by the dealer during PDI. You should mention it in the feedback survey. As others noted, it's an easy fix.
Old 10-14-2016, 01:42 AM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by richardbf
Wanted to know if this was proper behavior in the Macan? On all my bmw the mirrors would tilt downward towards the pavement. However my mirror tilts upwards. Not sure if I have an incorrect setting. Also I would like to remove the faux key for entry and drive and found online I am supposed to hold it to the left but a light twist to the left and putting pressure to the left doesn't seem to disengage the key from the slot. I have held it for a solid 30 seconds and nothing appears to happen. Video of my mirror issue https://goo.gl/photos/CTJ9VKUURs5B3UeMA
To remove the faux key, you need to have the electronic keys outside, away from the car. Then turn faux key as if to start car. You will get some kind of warning message. Repeat 2x, and it should click and allow you to remove it.

Quick Reply: Reverse mirror tilt pointing up rather than down? Also faux key query