Macan 2014-Current

LKA

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 08:48 AM
NorthvilleStig
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LKA

A very cool safety feature but certainly no driver replacement yet ...

There is one road I drive regularly where it will begin following a tar stripe instead of the lane, right across the actual paint! When you 'disobey' it gives a low volume grumble of disapproval.

Same if you want to intentionally swerve around a pot hole or patch of bad road.

In the pouring rain at night on the freeway ... Don't even try. Makes the steering very jittery. As a side note, with LKA off, the GTS is awesome at my 'normal' freeway speeds in a monsoon! Awesome Pirelli scorpions and suspension and steering. Almost TOO confident! Bring on the snow!

Bottom line is I keep it on most of the time 'just in case' but you still need to pay just as much attention to the road!
Old 05-09-2016, 08:54 AM
NorthvilleStig
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I must be the only one to have spec'ed this huh? Anyway anyone having said 'Porsche doesn't do technology' in other threads maybe should be saying 'Porsche doesn't sell technology' ... They do it just fine!
Old 05-10-2016, 05:25 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 452 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by NorthvilleStig
A very cool safety feature but certainly no driver replacement yet ...

There is one road I drive regularly where it will begin following a tar stripe instead of the lane, right across the actual paint! When you 'disobey' it gives a low volume grumble of disapproval.

Same if you want to intentionally swerve around a pot hole or patch of bad road.

In the pouring rain at night on the freeway ... Don't even try. Makes the steering very jittery. As a side note, with LKA off, the GTS is awesome at my 'normal' freeway speeds in a monsoon! Awesome Pirelli scorpions and suspension and steering. Almost TOO confident! Bring on the snow!

Bottom line is I keep it on most of the time 'just in case' but you still need to pay just as much attention to the road!
I love it on mine. It will actually keep driving the car between the lines, with ur hands off the wheel, altho it will quickly want u to get ur hands on the wheel and start steering. It can make mistakes and follow the old blacked out lines in a construction zone where they moved the lanes and lines. Then u have to be alert and overpower it and the electric steering. We don't drive thru a lot of construction so it took me a little bit to notice this small "issue".

Quick Reply: LKA