Notices
Macan 2014-Current

New GTS in Night Blue Metallic...

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 09:45 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,273 Likes on 586 Posts
Default New GTS in Night Blue Metallic...

Well ladies and gentlemen... this is a bit of a cross post from MacanForum.com but here are some pics of my NBM to enjoy. Click on the Photobucket link below. I tired to get the lighting right by shooting later in the day. I certainly know that shooting her made me appreciate the color and what this GTS is. Hope you like them. We're starting to get to know each other...

Check this out...
http://s787.photobucket.com/user/PCA...ow/Macan%20GTS

Old 04-23-2016, 09:00 PM
Rezus
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Gorgeous...how are you liking it so far? I am in the market for one as well, debating between night and sapphire blue.
Old 04-24-2016, 03:20 PM
NorthvilleStig
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The midnight blue is very stealthy and beautiful with the black rims and darkened tail lights. Just picked mine up on Friday! It's only 'blue' in sunlight. Love it.
Old 04-25-2016, 09:54 PM
mile2424
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 63 Posts

Looks great!
Old 04-26-2016, 10:17 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rezus
Gorgeous...how are you liking it so far? I am in the market for one as well, debating between night and sapphire blue.
Loving it! It's got more skootch than the S and I'm digging the Night Blue Metallic

Originally Posted by NorthvilleStig
The midnight blue is very stealthy and beautiful with the black rims and darkened tail lights. Just picked mine up on Friday! It's only 'blue' in sunlight. Love it.
The whole car is very stealthy as you say. I quite like the fact that few people notice it. Kind of nice for a change!
Old 06-02-2016, 10:20 PM
WFBlue
Advanced

Zeus, I'm curious about your experience with the NBM color. Is it as hard to maintain as Black or JBM in terms of keeping it clean, scratches, swirls, etc? It's a beautiful color that I'm thinking of ordering, but I am worried about the upkeep. I'm normally a silver or gray guy because of this. Thanks.
Old 06-03-2016, 06:00 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by WFBlue
Zeus, I'm curious about your experience with the NBM color. Is it as hard to maintain as Black or JBM in terms of keeping it clean, scratches, swirls, etc? It's a beautiful color that I'm thinking of ordering, but I am worried about the upkeep. I'm normally a silver or gray guy because of this. Thanks.
Hey WTFBlue - thanks for checking in. As you can see by my Avatar that I've added another dark blue car to the mix. I don't really recall why I got into the dark blue car thing because I've always have silvers, greys, white etc... but here I am.

So the Night Blue Metallic is BEAUTIFUL but very very dark, almost black at certain times of day. I initially questioned whether "was this dark colour REALLY me?". It's dark and moody (which I am not!) but have grown to love it. And this being said it does need to be washed but I don't find that any different than any other colours. Just wash it weekly, a bit of polish and it will look great.

Here's my Photobucket link to a bunch of pics taken in the late afternoon, early evening. Check them out and let me know your thoughts:

http://s787.photobucket.com/user/PCA...ow/Macan%20GTS
Old 06-03-2016, 08:10 PM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Zeus, looks great!

We have a midnight blue Cayenne, and you are right.
Wash it, wax it and polish it.
I think it looks better and is easier to maintain than black.

Having said that, the Macan GTS we are picking up in July (ED) is Carmine Red
Old 06-03-2016, 09:35 PM
WFBlue
Advanced

my thoughts? It looks fantastic! Like all color choices, wheels choices, etc. I'll just have to use my eyeballs and make a decision, but your's is a winner.
Old 06-04-2016, 04:55 PM
titanflyer
Intermediate

I just went and bought a GTS with black wheels and this color as a lot car... would normally never do that but it was such a nice option list and color choice I had to take it home. The interior is full leather (dash and all) saddle brown. Its incredible looking in different light as everyone said. Problem is that I have to park it outside for a full 2 weeks till I can get a spot in my garage opened up... ugh.
Old 06-06-2016, 11:31 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RESP
Zeus, looks great!

We have a midnight blue Cayenne, and you are right.
Wash it, wax it and polish it.
I think it looks better and is easier to maintain than black.

Having said that, the Macan GTS we are picking up in July (ED) is Carmine Red
AWESOME! That was my first choice!

Originally Posted by WFBlue
my thoughts? It looks fantastic! Like all color choices, wheels choices, etc. I'll just have to use my eyeballs and make a decision, but your's is a winner.
Tx. It really DOES work.

Originally Posted by titanflyer
I just went and bought a GTS with black wheels and this color as a lot car... would normally never do that but it was such a nice option list and color choice I had to take it home. The interior is full leather (dash and all) saddle brown. Its incredible looking in different light as everyone said. Problem is that I have to park it outside for a full 2 weeks till I can get a spot in my garage opened up... ugh.
Oh man! Get that garage cleaned ASAP! I hate parking cars on the street. Drivings here, at least in this city, are pretty "out of it"! Post some pics of the new beast.
Old 06-10-2016, 03:36 AM
Daohaus
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gorgeous, that color is nice very understated.

Quick Reply: New GTS in Night Blue Metallic...