Macan 2014-Current

Popped a tire

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 03:37 AM
dgjks6
Drifting

Received 253 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Popped a tire

Wife got a flat. 4:00 on a Friday. The guy Porsche sent did not know the spare could be inflated by the car and took it to a gas station to inflate it. Then did not know about the locking lug nut. Then told her not to drive on the spare or it will blow. She was 2 miles from the dealer (not the one where we bought the car) and 30 miles from home. She got to the dealer at 5:30 on a Friday. Put her in a loaner and ordered a new tire ($450 - gasp). Hats off to Walt at Porsche Beachwood.

I think I am going to put 18's on the car when these wear out.
Old 04-12-2016, 03:08 PM
thisisyourlife
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the current tire on the car now?
Old 04-12-2016, 05:14 PM
cviles
Unique Title
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 75 Posts

How does the Porsche guy not know about the spare and inflator? They're common equipment now.

And $450 seems a bit steep for a tire. I replaced all 4 with new Michelins a few months back and they were about $300 each including mounting, balancing, and disposal of old tires -- and that was for the big 21 inchers.

PS: The forged 21" wheels are tough. A little more than a year ago I hit the mother of all potholes and completely destroyed both tires on the left side of the car. No damage to the wheels even though the sidewalls of the tires looked like a bomb went off inside them.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:50 AM
dgjks6
Drifting

Received 253 Likes on 162 Posts

It has the Pirelli Scorpion Verde All season. 295/40/20. With shipping from tire rack the tire is $350. So Porsche is charging a little more but not crazy.

And this is why we pay a premium for these cars: The dealership on Friday gave my wife a Cayenne to drive until they get the tire fixed (it will be done today) and then thy are bringing her car back (40 minutes away)- and her car will be clean. This is not even the dealership where we bought the car. So kudos to Porsche.

My wife had a Q7 before the Macan so I asked her if she liked the Cayenne better. This was her exact response. "I like the handle bars inside the car more, but it does no go "VROOM" when I start it"
Old 04-15-2016, 11:02 AM
porches
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like they sent a lot tech rather than an actual technician.

Quick Reply: Popped a tire