Notices
Macan 2014-Current

2017 Macan delivery PROBLEM??

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 10:10 AM
Bnat
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My dealer is waiting for Porsche to set up shipping and he is keeping track in the electronic information system for status change. I am seeing Macans being shipped from the same port that arrived after mine. There are two new GTS Macans that were received at my dealer this week and yet Porsche has still not released mine. Pretty frustrating. Porsche management, communication, and sense of urgency has not handled this situation well in my opinion.
Old 04-22-2016, 10:54 AM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Bnat
My dealer is waiting for Porsche to set up shipping and he is keeping track in the electronic information system for status change. I am seeing Macans being shipped from the same port that arrived after mine. There are two new GTS Macans that were received at my dealer this week and yet Porsche has still not released mine. Pretty frustrating. Porsche management, communication, and sense of urgency has not handled this situation well in my opinion.
Based on this update I would really press for a very specific explanation as well as a legal commitment from your dealer that no damage or what damage occurred and was addressed to your satisfaction. Paint thickness etc can be evaluated. We recieved our GTS about 2 weeks ago and there have been no recalls I am aware of.
I had ordered an i8 and every single car had a carbon fiber bottom engine cover broken as it was loaded and they did not want to talk about it.
Old 04-23-2016, 12:30 AM
Old Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Our 2017 Macan S has about 400 miles on it now; delivered 4/13/2016. Fantastic machine. It's my beach car and the Porsche load bars with cross racks are excellent. We also ordered the cargo management system and it is super-engineered and functional. We have the tow hitch, and I got a little combo lock vault that fits inside it so I can lock the key when I'm surfing (which I was today). We're happy!! Go to build code PHNRMH39 to see our Sapphire Blue vehicle.
Old 04-23-2016, 05:56 PM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Guy
Our 2017 Macan S has about 400 miles on it now; delivered 4/13/2016. Fantastic machine. It's my beach car and the Porsche load bars with cross racks are excellent. We also ordered the cargo management system and it is super-engineered and functional. We have the tow hitch, and I got a little combo lock vault that fits inside it so I can lock the key when I'm surfing (which I was today). We're happy!! Go to build code PHNRMH39 to see our Sapphire Blue vehicle.
Congrats! The only option I wish I had ordered that I didn't was the cargo management system. It's really cool and cannot be added afterwards. I did get the roof rails though (another utility option that can't later be added, though you can still fit crossbars that fit the roof edges).
Old 04-26-2016, 12:17 AM
Old Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks for everyone's participation in this discussion. In the end, I know we'll all be happy with our Macans, be they S, Turbo or GTS. I'm going to join the Macan-specific forum for future discussions. For example, I feel strongly that the cargo management option (so cheap!) is a must have item - worth putting in a plug for as it must be ordered. To repeat, our Macan S is simply terrific - at least so far. I don't expect things to change in the future.

Quick Reply: 2017 Macan delivery PROBLEM??