Serious Exhaust Rattle - Macan Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 12:15 PM
atomicflow
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Serious Exhaust Rattle - Macan Turbo

Hi folks -

Just wanted to send out a possibly helpful post regarding a recent and somewhat recurring problem on my '15 Macan Turbo. Shortly after purchasing the car in June of 2015, there was a vibration coming from the right rear corner - at first I thought it was a distant jackhammer or some road construction going on until I realized the road construction was following me all the way home... I let it go for a couple of days but sure enough it got worse and louder and was clearly coming from the rear right corner - was worse in the morning upon startup when the exhaust bypass is opened up, but was pretty noticeable even after that. Took it in and they replaced a cracked exhaust bracket.

All was good for about 2 months and then a similar but even noisier exhaust sourced vibration was occurring. Sounded terrible - but again had to live with it for a few weeks until I could get an appointment scheduled. This time they said the fault was a cracked weld in the down pipes and another broken bracket on the exhaust. They ended up replacing both down pipes and the bracket on the left side this time. My service advisor at Pfaff said they had now seen a few of these at their shop - so may become a campaign I suppose. Either way be on the lookout for this issue.

Quick Reply: Serious Exhaust Rattle - Macan Turbo