Macan 2014-Current

Burmester tweeters on Macan?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2016, 07:14 PM
pcosta
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Burmester tweeters on Macan?

A number of people in the 991 forum have upgraded their Bose tweeters with Burmester tweeters. Has anyone done the same with the Macan?
I have the Burmester in my 991 GTS and the sound is great, but now I wished I had checked the box on the Burmester for the Macan.
If you have done the upgrade, I'd love to hear about your experience.
Old 01-02-2016, 02:23 PM
SteveFromMN
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pcosta
A number of people in the 991 forum have upgraded their Bose tweeters with Burmester tweeters. Has anyone done the same with the Macan?
I have the Burmester in my 991 GTS and the sound is great, but now I wished I had checked the box on the Burmester for the Macan.
If you have done the upgrade, I'd love to hear about your experience.
I did an A/B on the Bose and Burnmester before I bought my Cayenne and could not tell the difference. Now I have 75 year old ears. Male hearing starts to degrade after your about 45. See if the dealer will let you do a test. Also just changing the tweeters might not bring the system up to the full Burmester sound.
Old 01-03-2016, 04:59 PM
pcosta
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Steve, I know fully well, that changing the tweeters alone, won't bring it to the performance level of the Burmester. But what I notice the most in my 911 with the Burmester, is the treble and the high defitinition in the higher octaves.
That's why I'd be willing to make the mod. It will cost about $400 (if the parts are the same price as for the 911) and it should at least be noticeable in terms of clearer definition.
Old 01-03-2016, 08:08 PM
sclemmons
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

i have not heard this upgrade but I did upgrade the tweeters on my BMW and it was a great benefit. I would do it again in a Porsche at that price point, particularly from a Bose to a Burmester.

Quick Reply: Burmester tweeters on Macan?