Just a reminder

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 02:19 PM
cviles
Unique Title
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 75 Posts
Lightbulb Just a reminder

It probably won't apply to a lot of you, but...a while back there was a parts shortage and Macans were being delivered without spare tires. If you've put it off, or forgotten, make sure you go get your spare. Because they work and they'll get you home, as of yesterday you can ask me how I know.

Some things you might want to add to your trunk, though: A pair of gloves (brake dust and grime will get all over your hands, and then your steering wheel, etc.), and some newspaper or a mat or something to keep the flat tire off your nice carpets. I'll have to have mine shampooed again.

The jack is surprisingly easy to use, given it's not like a floor jack. The inflator will take about 10 minutes or so (hard to gauge with traffic flying by) to pump up your spare to 3.5 bar (51 psi). And the tool kit already includes a tire hanger, which makes the job a lot easier (I had to buy one for my 911 and my Boxster).

Anyway, its donut time for a few days until a new set of Michelins comes in. My tires are juuust worn enough to merit replacing all 4 instead of unbalancing one part of the car. And I've always liked Michelins more than Continentals.
Old 11-15-2015, 09:24 PM
Powereng
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad you made it home safe. How many miles did you get out of that set of tires?
Old 11-16-2015, 01:41 PM
cviles
Unique Title
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 75 Posts

About 10K. They're not down to the wear bars yet; I figure there are a few thousand miles left in them. But replacing one tire, or even a pair of them, is something I can feel so I decided to bite the bullet and do all 4. About a year ago the worst pothole on planet earth destroyed both tires on the left side of the car, and I've been able to feel that difference the whole time.
Old 11-17-2015, 12:07 AM
Powereng
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I understand what you are saying. I am guessing I will get many more miles out of mine as my wife drives the macan 85% of the time and is not an aggressive driver. It will be interesting how the michelins hold up for her.

Quick Reply: Just a reminder