Macan 2014-Current

Porsche Sport Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 03:19 PM
Rubik
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Porsche Sport Exhaust

Lately, I've been really thinking about PSE and somewhat regretting for not getting it when I ordered. But yesterday, I watched some YouTube videos that compare the stock vs PSE and I can honestly say that I was not impressed at the difference. It still sounded pretty subtle in comparison to some of the other rafter-market exhausts I've been watching the videos on. I looked at AWE, Fabspeed, and Tubi videos in comparison. The one thing I'm not crazy about with the aftermarket mufflers is that they did not try to make a muffler that has a good fit in the muffler space under the car. Or there is just no muffler at all; which might be ok for the track but may not be ideal for street driving.

What are your thoughts and experiences peeps?
Old 11-12-2015, 05:18 PM
John 996 TT Cab
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have PSE on my Macan Turbo and my 991S. Much more subtle in the driver's seat for the Macan but I'm told from outside the car it's quite noticeable. Obviously great on the 991 Cab especially with the top down and Tach @ 6500 RPM+.
Old 11-14-2015, 04:16 AM
MIK911
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I drive a Cayenne, not Macan, but when I looked into adding PSE, learned that the PSE (louder) exhaust note is only "on" when the car is in SPORT mode. I'd want the louder sound on all the time.
Old 11-14-2015, 06:32 PM
djlynch
Pro

Received 129 Likes on 48 Posts

I notice pse on my turbo outside more than inside. It's noticeable even with sport mode off. I drive with pse on all the time. It's not nearly as noticeable as pse on 911 or Boxster in my opinion. I'm happy with pse on Macan
Old 12-08-2015, 05:59 PM
GTW4CG
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I think it is a matter of personal taste. I personally find the PSE offensive, particularly the backfiring. It reminds me of the kids with the coffee can tail pipes on their Japanese wannabe-sports-cars. We have standard exhaust on both our Macan and Carerra 4. It's pleasant around town. But it has a nice Porsche wail to it when you put your foot into it.

Quick Reply: Porsche Sport Exhaust