Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Macan GTS reveal at Tokyo Autoshow

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 06:39 PM
mile2424
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 63 Posts

For some reason those satin black wheels just don't look good to me in pictures. Maybe it's just me, but it would also be interesting to see them in person. I think the front looks great, but I wish the back had something else to make it a little more aggressive looking. I know the Cayenne GTS has a little roof spoiler or something to give it a little more aggressive look. With that being said, love the car overall, I think both the S and the Turbo drive fantastic, and I am definitely considering the GTS in the near future.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:53 PM
Pokerhobo
Burning Brakes

Received 568 Likes on 314 Posts

I wasn't sold on the satin black wheels from the pictures, but saw them in person on a Cayenne and they look good enough that I changed my order to include them.

www.porsche-code.com/PH2G16U0

3/23 delivery
Old 12-01-2015, 09:17 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,273 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by mile2424
For some reason those satin black wheels just don't look good to me in pictures. Maybe it's just me, but it would also be interesting to see them in person. I think the front looks great, but I wish the back had something else to make it a little more aggressive looking. I know the Cayenne GTS has a little roof spoiler or something to give it a little more aggressive look. With that being said, love the car overall, I think both the S and the Turbo drive fantastic, and I am definitely considering the GTS in the near future.
I totally agree. I've gone back on my build to Rhodium Silver, Spyder wheels (silver/black) and the GTS leather / alcantera interior. I have another month before I fully lock in...
Old 12-03-2015, 04:14 PM
roule
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Red Ryder

Don't be timid. Order Carmine Red paint. You know you want to!
Old 12-14-2015, 10:30 PM
CarManDSL
Rennlist Member

Received 350 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by roule
Don't be timid. Order Carmine Red paint. You know you want to!
Frankly, other than Carmine Red, all the Macan colours are pretty dull and boring.

Have recently taken a liking to Graphite Blue Metallic and it would be interesting to see what that looked like on the Macan.
Old 12-15-2015, 03:27 PM
roule
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I agree, CarManDSL!

Living in British Columbia, too, you must find it depressing during the 8+ months of grey rainy season to see that the most sold car colors are shades of grey/white/black. Not only is that completely boring, some of these drivers are just downright unsafe driving around without turning on their headlights.

I have always enjoyed deep, rich hues, untainted by chrome if possible. It might be inappropriate for a German company to offer British Racing Green, but I hope that green makes a comeback!

http://www.diariomotor.com/imagenes/..._1440x655c.jpg
Old 12-16-2015, 08:35 PM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 79 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by roule
I agree, CarManDSL!

Living in British Columbia, too, you must find it depressing during the 8+ months of grey rainy season to see that the most sold car colors are shades of grey/white/black. Not only is that completely boring, some of these drivers are just downright unsafe driving around without turning on their headlights.

I have always enjoyed deep, rich hues, untainted by chrome if possible. It might be inappropriate for a German company to offer British Racing Green, but I hope that green makes a comeback!

http://www.diariomotor.com/imagenes/..._1440x655c.jpg
Yes, silver, grey and even white cars tend to disappear during dusk hours.

But how about Sapphire Blue? That's not any of those colors and quite nice. Much more subdued compared to red.

Quick Reply: Macan GTS reveal at Tokyo Autoshow