Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Adonis Detail - Macan Turbo Clear Bra (One Piece Hood), Modesta BC-04 Paint Coating

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2015 | 11:01 PM
TimAD
Former Vendor

Default Adonis Detail - Macan Turbo Clear Bra (One Piece Hood), Modesta BC-04 Paint Coating

Our client ordered his 16' Macan earlier this year, he drove it straight to us after receiving delivery. Our shop is oftentimes the first stop for new cars and with good reason. It doesn't take long before damage could occur on unprotected paint! After a short discussion going over how the vehicle will be used and our clients protection needs we decided to do a full Modesta Protection treatment with BC-04 Nano Titanium coating as well as BC-06 wheel coating to help cut down on the brake dust and make cleaning a breeze.

In addition we opted to do our "Street Package" Clear bra installation. This coverage includes wrapping the full hood, full fenders, front bumper, headlights and mirrors.

For those of you whom have had clear bra done or are thinking of getting it done to your Macan there are several things to consider. The Macan hood is by far one of the hardest hoods to install in one piece, without a seam, splice or severe stretch marks and work marks. Even the most seasoned professional struggle with doing this hood in one piece while having it still look nice.

The Reason? The Macan hood measures roughly 64" by about 98" wide. PPF rolls only come in a 60" size. This means to get the hood in one piece requires about a 6" stretch of the material, in addition the nature of the clamshell hood featuring the rolling fenders built in makes it extremely difficult to wrap and stretch around the headlights in one piece.

We are extremely proud to say we are able to get the Macan hood in ONE PIECE, NO Splices, NO Seams, NO Kits, No exposed paint. Our community of installers is very close knit, I only know of about 5 or 6 shops nationwide that have been able to get the Macan hood in one piece. (If your not close by please PM me for location to the closest installer in your area).

Anyways here are some pictures of the installation, enjoy!

After the clear bra installation we applied Modesta to the body and on top of the film. This provides superb protection while increasing the shine and gloss of the vehicle.

Modesta BC-04 Curing in SunLight

Thanks for viewing,

Tim Coats

Owner, Adonis Detail

Direct: 760-815-5933
Tim@adonisdetail.com
www.adonisdetail.com
Old 08-19-2015 | 03:40 AM
Rubik
Rennlist Member

What are you measuring there?
Old 08-19-2015 | 03:54 AM
TimAD
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Rubik
What are you measuring there?
The last picture we are measuring the surface temp. The coatings need to be cured at 150-160* f to the body for proper bonding, we are just double checking to make sure it was warm enough outside to achieve this.
Old 08-20-2015 | 11:19 AM
skl2
Rennlist Member

literally 3 hours after seeing this thread, my dealer called to tell me their installers do not think they can do the full hood due to the size as mentioned here. My Macan is set to arrive at the dealer tomorrow or Saturday and my intention is to have the full front end immediately clear bra'd.

Email sent this morning for more info, Tim. Thanks.
Old 08-20-2015 | 03:53 PM
TimAD
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by skl2
literally 3 hours after seeing this thread, my dealer called to tell me their installers do not think they can do the full hood due to the size as mentioned here. My Macan is set to arrive at the dealer tomorrow or Saturday and my intention is to have the full front end immediately clear bra'd.

Email sent this morning for more info, Tim. Thanks.
Thanks for reading through, I'm glad we were able to help educate about the difficulty of this installation for anyone looking to get this type of protection applied. Its not impossible but definitely not something every installer is capable of approaching.

We'll get you set up with a competent installer in your area soon! If you were closer of course we'd love to take care of you
Old 08-21-2015 | 09:26 AM
skl2
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TimAD
Thanks for reading through, I'm glad we were able to help educate about the difficulty of this installation for anyone looking to get this type of protection applied. Its not impossible but definitely not something every installer is capable of approaching.

We'll get you set up with a competent installer in your area soon! If you were closer of course we'd love to take care of you
Big to Tim. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly and for helping steer me in the right direction.
Old 08-22-2015 | 04:30 PM
Premier
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Great job!
Spectra PhotoSync IRD - Highest heat blocking window film in industry
Authorized Modesta and Nanolex Dealer

Checkout our Youtube Channel!
Premier's Youtube

B: 510-623-1308
42630 Christy St, Fremont, CA 94538
sales@premiermobilegroup.com
http://www.facebook.com/premierprotectivefilms

Quick Reply: Adonis Detail - Macan Turbo Clear Bra (One Piece Hood), Modesta BC-04 Paint Coating