Old 04-29-2015, 11:49 AM
JoshuaKM1
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Pebble/Agate vs. Saddle brown/beige interior for Macan S

Hey Team,

I have put together an order for a 2016 Porsche Macan S:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PGHUREW3

The only difficult decision (first world problem) I am having is whether to go with the two-tone agate/pebble vs. saddle brown/beige. I have seen high resolution photos of agate/pebble but have not seen any pictures of saddle brown/beige as of yet.

Thoughts? Would beige be significantly easier to maintain than Pebble?

Thanks!

Josh
Old 04-29-2015, 06:19 PM
Rubik
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have some interior pictures here: https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...for-wifey.html

But you'd have to imagine the saddle brown dash top and top part of the door panels and the headliner. I think beige is already hard to keep clean (I have 2 little boys); Pebble will be a nightmare to keep clean.... for me anyway.
Old 05-01-2015, 01:47 PM
TTCarrera
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

You know, I bought a 991S for my wife 2 years ago and when picking colors for the car we ordered, she loved the Pebble/Agate full leather interior.

It is stunning and she gets lots of comments about it..

But to be honest, 2 years later some of the Pebble surfaces are slightly dirty. Whether it's daily dust that has worked it's way into the hide or, in some cases such as a scuff mark from a heel that hit a door panel, not everything comes out.

Try as I might (with many years of leather care experience) there's always some sort of shadow where the mark used to be.

Frankly, I wouldn't order it again.
Old 05-01-2015, 03:41 PM
JoshuaKM1
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks TTCarrera -

I get the sense from most forum members that Pebble/Agate is the most stunning combination that Porsche makes... but just is a pain the butt to maintain. I am going with Saddle Brown/Beige for the Macan b/c I like the contrast... also black is just too hot for Charleston.

I've also decided to upgrade to the Turbo model. Now I'm just deciding between black and dark blue metallic exterior (which my girlfriend hates but i like) - not sure if anyone has thoughts on these exterior colors.

Current Porsche code...

http://www.porsche-code.com/PGAXB580
Old 05-06-2015, 03:01 AM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts

Light colours are hard to maintain for sure But you can do it with leather products - our S4 has pebble grey with black, regret it

Went with full saddle brown in the end after they discontinued the partial black brown

Quick Reply: Pebble/Agate vs. Saddle brown/beige interior for Macan S