Macan 2014-Current

Rattle under the dash

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 11:46 PM
Mate
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Rattle under the dash

We bought our Macan S in September 2014 and picked it up in Stuttart. This is wife's car and thus far it has exceeded expectations. She loves it, but there is one thing realy bothering me, not so much her. This is a rattle under the dash, it was there from the day of pick up.

I can describe it as if you imagine someting like a thick cable or a hose of some sort that is not propery secured and it hits something stationary when you go over bumps. It dosnt happen over every bump but when it is just right.. If i go to a grocery store a mile away it may happen a couple of times. It irritates me a lot, but i am a car enthusiast, she doesnt seem to care thats why we havent taken it to the dealer.

I am reluctant to take it as well, because dealer "may not be able to reproduce it" and i am afraid they will have to take half of the dash apart to even figure out where the noise is coming from.. But i definitely want to fix it under warranty, as i dont want to explain this to perspective buyers in a few years time.

Did any of you guys have something similar and what would you do?

Thanks
Old 04-21-2015, 09:55 AM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 926 Likes on 560 Posts

Not acceptable in a vehicle of this class and price.

I would take it back to dealer. They are more capable than we think at fixing these issues. Maybe fixed it before for someone else.

I had a rattle in my TT when almost new. Dealer tech diagnosed it in a 2 minute test drive. It was the bolts that held the rear quarter side window in place. Fix took them less than 1 hour.
Old 04-21-2015, 01:48 PM
cviles
Unique Title
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts

My Turbo also had a rattle that I brought into the dealer to fix when it was new. First thought was that it was buried somewhere deep in the dash and would require pulling the car apart to find, so I just lived with it for a while. A while later I noticed the rattle was directly related to the speed of the air across the car -- more wind, more rattle. Then it took all of 20 minutes to find a missing bolt on a heat shield and boom! no more rattles.

Have your dealer look for a hole on a heat shield or wind deflector without a bolt in it.
Old 04-21-2015, 04:54 PM
Mate
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks guys. I will take it in and let you know what they find.

Quick Reply: Rattle under the dash