Macan 2014-Current

Help with color options

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 10:23 PM
MarylandMan
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with color options

Time to say goodbye to my '12 Cayenne base with manual tranny and find a Macan S. my Cayenne is a rather conservative Dark Blue Mettalic with Luxor Beige. I want something bolder...so I'm thinking Saphire Blue with Black or White with Black/Garnet Red. Will buy new off the lot or find a nice CPO. Can all of you Macanites chime in to help me decide? Thx!
Old 02-09-2015, 02:14 AM
Rubik
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

It will be a while before you find a new in the lot and definitely longer for CPO. Whatever you choose get a hue of somekind. I'm personally not a fan of black, white, or 50 shades of gray. I ordered Saphire Blue. I'm also not a fan of black interior because although it doesn't show when it's dirty, the fact is it just makes the cabin too dark. Two tone is always my preferred, so red/black is nice, agate grey/pebble grey would be nice too. I ordered Luxor beige cuz I didn't want to pay extra for full leather. But I did get the sport seats (18 way) because it changes the entire look of the interior.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:57 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,277 Likes on 590 Posts

I sat in one yesterday at our PCA Season Kick-off event that was White over Red - Black full leather with DARK walnut on the trim and steering wheel. It sounds a bit odd perhaps but it WORKS. Stunning. There's another White over Garnet Red - Black at a local dealership. Beautiful.

P.s. make sure if you get a light color to paint that black plastic strip along the lower exterior door panels.
Old 02-09-2015, 12:30 PM
Rubik
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

If you get black/red, keep the piano black trim or go for carbon fiber trim
Old 02-09-2015, 02:01 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Personally, I love the white exterior with garnet/black interior. I wouldn't paint out the side blade unless I got the sport design option. I think the black accents look fine otherwise. Agree with others that it will be hard to find one on the lot for quite a while, especially with the options you want. Better just to order one you like and wait a few months. You still have the Cayenne you can drive in the meantime.
Old 02-09-2015, 04:08 PM
John 996 TT Cab
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

First, the side strips on the white Turbo mentioned about came white not black (black is extra). These were painted red on my car in Vancouver at Burrard Autostrasse. The dark burl pieces and the dark burl steering wheel really work well with the black/red interior. I'm biased though as the car Zeus is talking above is mine which I received two weeks ago after waiting 9 months! Got delayed because I wanted Sport Exhaust and Sport design body parts along with the 21" Sport Classic wheels which I painted red to match my new Guards red side blades.

The black/red is garnet red which is the same shade of leather as what was previously known as Carrera red.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:11 PM
MarylandMan
8th Gear

John - I'd love to see photos of your build...sounds awesome. I found a Saphire Blue with Black with most every option including Sports Exhaust, 21" sport classics, AS. Car has not been titled and has 3k miles. Any feel for how much off of the sticker I should expect? Sticker is $73k. Thanks for the input.
Old 02-10-2015, 05:36 PM
Sven76
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love blue / black. My second choice would have been white / brown. But SWMBO didn't approve so we went grey/grey. Boring, but it's more her than my car.
Old 02-10-2015, 05:43 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Sven76
I love blue / black. My second choice would have been white / brown. But SWMBO didn't approve so we went grey/grey. Boring, but it's more her than my car.
It won't look boring. I have agate gray interior on my Rhodium silver S. The agate interior is very warm and classy IMO, and is a nice match with the agate exterior.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:35 PM
JustinCase
Racer

Received 148 Likes on 89 Posts

Sapphire Blue with Agate Gray and Walnut details and wheel. We're wood people.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:01 AM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubik
It will be a while before you find a new in the lot and definitely longer for CPO. Whatever you choose get a hue of somekind. I'm personally not a fan of black, white, or 50 shades of gray. I ordered Saphire Blue. I'm also not a fan of black interior because although it doesn't show when it's dirty, the fact is it just makes the cabin too dark. Two tone is always my preferred, so red/black is nice, agate grey/pebble grey would be nice too. I ordered Luxor beige cuz I didn't want to pay extra for full leather. But I did get the sport seats (18 way) because it changes the entire look of the interior.
I'm so happy to hear that another Porsche owner is not a fan of the "50 shades of gray". Too many silver Porsche's lately...yawn! If I was to order one it would either be red or blue.
Old 02-12-2015, 11:21 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JustinCase
Sapphire Blue with Agate Gray and Walnut details and wheel. We're wood people.
Originally Posted by Dan87951
I'm so happy to hear that another Porsche owner is not a fan of the "50 shades of gray". Too many silver Porsche's lately...yawn! If I was to order one it would either be red or blue.
DON'T get the Sapphire Blue w/ Agate Gray interior and walnut trim, 2 in this country is enough!

Last edited by Slow Guy; 02-13-2015 at 11:33 AM.
Old 02-17-2015, 05:32 PM
roule
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by keninirvine
It won't look boring. I have agate gray interior on my Rhodium silver S. The agate interior is very warm and classy IMO, and is a nice match with the agate exterior.
I can't disagree enough. You live in western Washington, the Land Without Sun for 9 months of the year. Strangely, people there also are too lazy to turn on their lights during the long dark misty winters. Essentially the grey cars are cloaked in invisibility shields. I guess people think that the car will do everything, but DRL doesn't illuminate the tail lights, which is a dumb design standard if ever there was one.

Porsche doesn't offer many decent options, but whatever you do, get a color that is more visible than grey!!!
Old 02-18-2015, 02:37 AM
RESP
Burning Brakes

We were all set to order the Sapphire Blue with black/garnet interior.
Had the deposit and were committed.
Then the love of my life saw a SB as we were in for our 150,000 km Cayenne service.
Nope, not her colour.

Looks like a midnight blue for us, unless they change the palette before the 2016's are offered...
Old 02-18-2015, 11:00 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RESP
We were all set to order the Sapphire Blue with black/garnet interior.
Had the deposit and were committed.
Then the love of my life saw a SB as we were in for our 150,000 km Cayenne service.
Nope, not her colour.

Looks like a midnight blue for us, unless they change the palette before the 2016's are offered...
How could she NOT like SB???
Seriously, I'm glad a lot of folks don't care for the color, I don't want it to get like the black/white/grays in popularity. However if I had seen the dark red that someone posted a thread on a few weeks ago I would have been hard pressed to pick between the 2.

My pickup is silver and that's fine with me, means I don't have to wash it as often!

Quick Reply: Help with color options