Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Macan Turbo vs X5 M

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 04:26 PM
Rubik
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Macan is definitely the way to go! I never understood the concept of X5 M or ML63.
Old 05-12-2015, 12:43 AM
Rubik
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

We went out for some ice cream today and I was parked next to an X6M. I have to say that the Macan - even though mine is the S - wins it. Hands down! And base price difference of $50K for 0.7 second speed gain. I love having made the right choice.

The *** is much more sleek and sexy. The aerodynamic fins under the rear bumper actually make the Macan look much more agressive although it's not clear in the photo. Look at those beautiful tail lights!

The Macan looks naturally agressive whereas the X6 M just looks like it's trying too hard. The only thing I'll give the X6 M is the honey comb design chicken wire grills. I feel like the Macan radiators are too exposed to the elements of the environment.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:12 PM
davidc1
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is that the latest X6M. Looks like it's the previous generation.
Old 05-15-2015, 10:40 PM
K-A
Drifting

Received 137 Likes on 95 Posts

Man, the X6 is hideous. The new one is nicer, but not nearly Macan nice.
Old 05-16-2015, 12:20 PM
Powereng
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Guessing if we jumped over to the BMW forum, we would get some different responses, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.. I personally like the Macan better..go figure
Old 05-17-2015, 08:09 AM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 254 Posts

If I had to do it all over again I would have stuck with the X5M. It just has more personality. I'm waiting to see how crazy expensive the new one is.
Old 06-27-2015, 10:13 PM
JMaples
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by davidc1
Is that the latest X6M. Looks like it's the previous generation.
That is the previous generation.
Old 06-28-2015, 11:18 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,273 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by hinckley
I'm not sure if this is a stupid question, but it is sincere . . .

I'm guessing like many of us here, I've been a BMW and Porsche driver for many years (first BMW in the mid-80s, first Porsche in the late-90s). I'm now starting the process of thinking about replacing my winter car (an S4 6MT that I love). My current summer car is a new 911 GTS. I'd want the new winter vehicle by next September, and depending on the direction I go, I'll need to order in March/April.

I've never been an SUV guy, but I've fallen in love with the Macan. Beautiful execution and the perfect sized vehicle for me. I've specced out a very well optioned Macan Turbo at just over $107k. Not a small chunk of change. But I've just now realized that a similarly optioned X5 M stickers for just under $109k.

I know that the X5 competes with the Cayenne (a vehicle that I despise), and as I say, I do prefer the size of the Macan. But is it just stupid to buy a Macan Turbo over a similarly priced X5 M?
Not sure what you've (OP) done in the end but I'm looking at a Macan too. I compared to to the Audio SQ5 as they sit on the same platform and the SQ5 has more cargo space and is substantially less expensive BUT... it is not a Porsche. I honestly feel that if you love the Porsche brand and you went with something other than that, I.e. BMW or Audio, you'd regret it. The Macan albeit small in comparison to the X5s and Cayenne is a drivers car with very respectable lap times next to the 991.

Now S vs Turbo? I spoke with a dealer sales manager last night who drives a Turbo and loves it but did comment on the less than great gas mileage.

Quick Reply: Macan Turbo vs X5 M