Blue
19" Turbo Wheels (easier to maintain)
Luxor Beige Interior
18 Way Sport Seats
Infotainment Package
Premium Plus
PASM
Comfort Lighting Package
Smoking Package (to cover that ugly hole)
Voice Control
Dark Walnut Wood Trim

If the car was going to be primarily my car, I would have skipped Infotainment Package and would have gotten Full Leather Interior and Roof Rails with Transport System.

Luxor Beige is subject to change if Black/Beige becomes available which is supposedly to occur in October.

I really thought hard about PTV Plus but price was getting close to Turbo territory.

Any feedback is welcome. Thanks!
Old 10-18-2014, 12:22 PM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like an excellent build!

Not sure why your wife wouldn't want full leather.

When we ordered our Cayenne it was my SO who insisted on full leather.
I am very glad she did!
Old 10-18-2014, 01:00 PM
Rubik
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My target price was exceeding by the Infotainment Package so I had to give up Full Leather even though I want it real bad.
Old 10-19-2014, 09:47 PM
jcontardi
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't know if the engineers did it intentionally, but that "ugly hole" is a perfect fit for an iPhone 5 (and I suppose the 6, since the width is about the same). I have made a habit of jumping in and dropping the phone in the hole where it's easy to see who is calling or if a new text comes in.
Old 10-19-2014, 10:55 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by jcontardi
I don't know if the engineers did it intentionally, but that "ugly hole" is a perfect fit for an iPhone 5 (and I suppose the 6, since the width is about the same). I have made a habit of jumping in and dropping the phone in the hole where it's easy to see who is calling or if a new text comes in.
I kept the ugly hole for the same reason. Utility.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:16 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 137 Likes on 95 Posts

Infotainment is the first one you should've skipped! The least "fun" $3k option around. Get the leather package and a high quality phone mount and voila, you have a much better nav system than OEM.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:11 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by K-A
Infotainment is the first one you should've skipped! The least "fun" $3k option around. Get the leather package and a high quality phone mount and voila, you have a much better nav system than OEM.
You really have a hard-on for the Nav system....
Old 10-20-2014, 02:47 PM
K-A
Drifting

Received 137 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by 993BillW
You really have a hard-on for the Nav system....
Actually "flacid" would be the better example.

I just think it's kind of highway robbery for manufacturers to still charge $3k for such things. Yes, even Porsche with their notoriously high margins. IMO all have value far above that almost certain margin leader. The less people pay for it, the more likely it'll become standard (without being baked into the car itselfs price much at all).
Old 10-21-2014, 12:54 AM
rpilot
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

@OP:
Reconsider the Voice (ie: get rid of it.. a waste of money) and the PTV Plus (a very helpful addition). I also don't get your logic of leather is good enough for me but not for the wife, I would think it would be the other way around.. but maybe I am old fashioned.. I digress.. its your car and your wife.

As far as what some others have pointed out about the Nav, If there is a g**da**ed screen in the car that I have to put up with,it better have a nav.

Also, if you can afford it, get what you want. Don't let silly notions of bumping up against price point get in your way. My build comes to $78K for the Macan S (I am still pondering the purchase and deciding if I should let go of my 991 or keep it) and it does not even have larger wheels (like you I prefer the 19 turbos) nor does it have AS or full leather (just the leather package for me, thank you and it is not about the money). Resale value and what the drone at the dealership says about it be dammed. Getting a car to spec is to be able to get what you want.. not what everyone else thinks you should get.

Either way good luck with your car and whatever you decide, enjoy it when you get it.
Old 10-21-2014, 02:38 AM
Rubik
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rpilot
@OP:
Reconsider the Voice (ie: get rid of it.. a waste of money) and the PTV Plus (a very helpful addition). I also don't get your logic of leather is good enough for me but not for the wife, I would think it would be the other way around....
We set a budget of $65K for the purchase to make sense vs. the Cayenne S. [I know, I know, they're different cars.] I don't care for infotainment, my wife has to have it. So I reluctantly took off the leather to stay in budget. I thought about PTV Plus a lot, but as this is intended to be a fun family car but definitely not for tracking, I thought PTV would be over engineered, underused.

Also, I have little boys, and they love to rub their shoes against the back seats, so this way I have less worry (just a little).
Old 10-21-2014, 05:11 PM
rpilot
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubik
Also, I have little boys, and they love to rub their shoes against the back seats, so this way I have less worry (just a little).
I completely get that. My son was little once. Regardless, I myself am overtly careful around the full leather interior in my 991 and is one of my number one regrets of my build. Not that it does not look nice, but the fact that I have to be careful around it when I would rather be careless. The 991 door was completely bare without the full leather interior. Atleast there are bits and pieces on the Macan on the door to keep it from looking "blah" even if full leather interior in not optioned.
And seriously save the money on the voice control, doubly so if you are working on a disciplined budget. Take your wife away for a evening or a night when you get the Macan or buy her a new purse to match the Macan. Either of those will be much wiser ways to spend your cash , but then again what do I know.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:37 PM
Rolltide86
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sure to sit in another car with Luxor Beige interior on a sunny day. From what I read in these forums, the glare is pretty intense. Have a friend that actually traded in a new 991 after three weeks because of that.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:11 PM
Rubik
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rolltide86
Make sure to sit in another car with Luxor Beige interior on a sunny day. From what I read in these forums, the glare is pretty intense. Have a friend that actually traded in a new 991 after three weeks because of that.
As soon as beige-black or beige-coco become available I'll probably tweak the order a bit. Since I'm looking at February delivery, there's plenty of time.

Also, I'm a huge advocate for high quality sunglasses for driving. So, my polarized Maui Jims will take care of the glare I'm sure. Not sure about my wife's Gucci-mama sunglasses though; they're more look than quality.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:42 PM
cviles
Unique Title
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 78 Posts

I have the luxor beige interior on my turbo, and yes there is a glare. If you go looking for it, it's going to stand out like a sore thumb. But I've discovered that it disappears when I'm driving around; if I don't go looking to see it, it's easily ignored. It's certainly not something I'd trade my car in for after only 3 weeks.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:07 PM
Rolltide86
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by cviles
I have the luxor beige interior on my turbo, and yes there is a glare. If you go looking for it, it's going to stand out like a sore thumb. But I've discovered that it disappears when I'm driving around; if I don't go looking to see it, it's easily ignored. It's certainly not something I'd trade my car in for after only 3 weeks.
I did not claim that my friend that traded after three weeks had any common sense whatsoever….

Quick Reply: Macan S Build (For Wifey)