Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Any discount or must haves on Macan S?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 07:11 PM
ggreg911
Racer

Received 211 Likes on 89 Posts
Default Any discount or must haves on Macan S?

I purchased a new 2014 C2S in May and got 8% discount off 120k sticker. What should I expect on a Macan S with 61k sticker? One local dealer offered $700 off msrp. Also any options that are must have? Thanks
Old 10-13-2014, 10:43 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

the 991 has been out since 2011... and therefore discounts easier to get as more cars are readily available..

the macan being so new and hard to obtain without a wait, any discount is awesome... it's like getting a discount on an iphone6 a couple weeks after release.. just be happy to get one and dont worry about the 2$ cheaper price at walmart.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:47 PM
ggreg911
Racer

Received 211 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
the 991 has been out since 2011... and therefore discounts easier to get as more cars are readily available.. the macan being so new and hard to obtain without a wait, any discount is awesome... it's like getting a discount on an iphone6 a couple weeks after release.. just be happy to get one and dont worry about the 2$ cheaper price at walmart.
Ordered it today and got $1200 off MSRP of $60715
Old 10-14-2014, 01:03 PM
K-A
Drifting

Received 138 Likes on 96 Posts

Most people aren't getting any discount, so anything is good. I'm one of the very rare ones who was able to get a dealer to work with me a little, though I had to put down a "partial payment" on the car as a tradeoff.

The rare discounts seem to be predominantly given to people with previous history in acquiring Porsche's from the dealers (i.e a "customer service"). Otherwise, it comes to finding a dealer who's willing to take a hit on a car that has demand outpacing supply right now, in order to get business from the next guy. Almost all Porsche dealers I called, and most others as they've reported as well, are unwilling to budge at all as they don't need to and don't see why they'd discount a car that they don't even have the ability to get onto their sales floors for a large period of time.

As for must have options. IMO Comfort Lighting, 20's, Air Suspension or at least PASM (AS is a must to me for the lowering), and on an S, as many painted bits as you can get.

Quick Reply: Any discount or must haves on Macan S?