Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Some better Macan Pics (White, AirRide, 22" Wheels)

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 06:08 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool Some better Macan Pics (White, AirRide, 22" Wheels)

Finally took some slightly better pics today of the macan... really enjoying it overall (much sportier than previous 958 cayenne's owned.. (still wish gas mileage was at least on par with the cayenne however, and wish handling was slightly better as it tends to understeer with extreme pleasure)

Car:
MacanS
Air/Pano/Sport Chrono/
22" Vossen VFS2 (22x10.5 all around with 295/30.22 Pirelli)
Factory Air Ride Adjusted to eliminate wheel gap
60$ eBay Steel Pedals added to alleviate the $250 dealer charge for exact same item
30$ eBay painted key sides that came in Porsche Factory part box (made in china regardless)
Trim Wrapped Gloss black with $32 vinyl because Porsche failed to produce the car with the proper trim.

Old 09-12-2014, 06:19 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Looks great Riley Black Exhaust tips next?
Old 09-12-2014, 06:58 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,509 Likes on 948 Posts

Nice photos. I like what you've done. It looks MUCH more aggressive and sporty than our Audi SQ5.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:21 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by ECS Tuning
Looks great Riley Black Exhaust tips next?
thought about em in gloss black.... but end of the day i kinda like em as is.. after a few thousand miles they turned more gunmetal than silver anyways.

3800miles and counting so far....
Old 09-12-2014, 09:14 PM
Buckfever
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great pics, almost looks fake, like a render. Awesome!!!
Old 09-12-2014, 11:35 PM
deutschmick
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 84 Posts

Great pics and the Macan is a beauty!

IMHO the tips look great as is; a subtle contrast that looks good.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:55 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

wow! That Macan has some serious stance! Wheels look the part.

Great job on such a new vehicle!
Old 09-12-2014, 11:57 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

how fast can you drive around in that low setting? does it go to a default height at speed?
Old 09-13-2014, 01:45 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
how fast can you drive around in that low setting? does it go to a default height at speed?
goes to low at high speed over 70...

i drive around in normal or low... ride is same either way but i feel better hitting potholes in normal.

if i click "high" it goes to stock height... but that obviously goes down at 55mph... and then back up if you go below 35mph..

shown is low... normal is 15mm higher or so.. high is 40mm higher
Old 09-14-2014, 11:36 AM
Louis.E
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty neat that a 295 on a 10.5 fits on the fronts. lots of room in there eh. Can you rotate front to back now, or are the offsets different between the new set?
Old 09-14-2014, 04:10 PM
Buckfever
Racer

Originally Posted by Louis.E
Pretty neat that a 295 on a 10.5 fits on the fronts. lots of room in there eh. Can you rotate front to back now, or are the offsets different between the new set?
I want to run 255/55/18s with General Grabber AT/2 on the 4 corners for the designated on/off road winter wheel set. How do I know if this will work? Like when Lou mentions offsets, I'm lost.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:14 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Louis.E
offsets 15mm lower in back, so ordered all 4 wheels the same and added a hubcentric spacer (that way they are rotatable)

the wheels are hubcentric as well which is nice. 100+++ and no wobbles.

295's up front i can turn stop to stop and no rubbing at all.. even in low height..

if you did any wider it wouldnt fit, im 3mm off the strut arm... and 2mm off the brakes.

Originally Posted by Buckfever
I want to run 255/55/18s with General Grabber AT/2 on the 4 corners for the designated on/off road winter wheel set. How do I know if this will work? Like when Lou mentions offsets, I'm lost.

are you running stock wheels or otherwise? offsets have to do with wheels...

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/...jsp?techid=101

if u wanna run aftermarket wheels.. would need 5x112 (audi) and very low offset, my wheels are 10.5+30 and rears 10.5+15... thats very low... and narrower wheel changes what you need offset wise

i would personally find some audi wheels on ebay, add snow tires and call it a day.. q5 wheels and a spacer would prob be perfect, only difference between q5 and macan is macan is wider and bigger front brakes...
Old 09-16-2014, 12:57 AM
Buckfever
Racer

Originally Posted by rijowysock
offsets 15mm lower in back, so ordered all 4 wheels the same and added a hubcentric spacer (that way they are rotatable)

the wheels are hubcentric as well which is nice. 100+++ and no wobbles.

295's up front i can turn stop to stop and no rubbing at all.. even in low height..

if you did any wider it wouldnt fit, im 3mm off the strut arm... and 2mm off the brakes.

are you running stock wheels or otherwise? offsets have to do with wheels...

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/...jsp?techid=101

if u wanna run aftermarket wheels.. would need 5x112 (audi) and very low offset, my wheels are 10.5+30 and rears 10.5+15... thats very low... and narrower wheel changes what you need offset wise

i would personally find some audi wheels on ebay, add snow tires and call it a day.. q5 wheels and a spacer would prob be perfect, only difference between q5 and macan is macan is wider and bigger front brakes...
I was going to run stock 20's but get an 18" after market winter/on/off road wheel set. Tire rack has wheels for the rear to fit the 255/55/18s, I just don't know if those would work on the front or what would need to be done to make them work.

I probably need a resource to learn all about this, as your discussion above made me realize I'm more lost on this than I thought.

Getting snow tires is not the problem because there's plenty to match the offset between the front and back. It's when I want a snowflake rating on a true on/offroad tire that I need to go to the same size on the 4 corners. And dealing with mud on an all season or regular snow tire is a joke.

Sometimes I go down these mile long unmanaged dirt roads in the fall/winter to get to these remote state parks, get out there just fine only to face a foot of water or snow on the way out. Even with a locking differential, without the right tire you feel like you're on an ice rink dealing with the inclines and uneven slippery surfaces.

Actually the tires I just put on my 4Runner I bought because they come in the 255/55/18 size and I wanted to run them through the paces with the Macan in mind.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:41 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Buckfever
I was going to run stock 20's but get an 18" after market winter/on/off road wheel set. Tire rack has wheels for the rear to fit the 255/55/18s, I just don't know if those would work on the front or what would need to be done to make them work.

I probably need a resource to learn all about this, as your discussion above made me realize I'm more lost on this than I thought.

Getting snow tires is not the problem because there's plenty to match the offset between the front and back. It's when I want a snowflake rating on a true on/offroad tire that I need to go to the same size on the 4 corners. And dealing with mud on an all season or regular snow tire is a joke.

Sometimes I go down these mile long unmanaged dirt roads in the fall/winter to get to these remote state parks, get out there just fine only to face a foot of water or snow on the way out. Even with a locking differential, without the right tire you feel like you're on an ice rink dealing with the inclines and uneven slippery surfaces.

Actually the tires I just put on my 4Runner I bought because they come in the 255/55/18 size and I wanted to run them through the paces with the Macan in mind.
all you need to worry about is overall diameter.

stock are: 28.9"
255/55.18 are 30.1"

you'll be more than fine.. you could 60 series if you really wanted and still be fine.

just get a wheel that fits, maybe even stock 18's off ebay once more people swap wheels out.. stock 18's from cayenne sell for like 300/set... macan is different bolt pattern hence my audi statement

also.. not sure if actually helpful. but i always thought of bead blasting the bead lip on wheels for offroad tires.. i would think it would give much better adhesion should u need to deflate them for a sticky situation.. something to think about when getting a pair of stocks/etc... i feel a rough bead would almost act like a bead lock.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:35 AM
Buckfever
Racer

I understand the diameter calculations, could you explain to me "offsets" and "Hubcentric"?

Quick Reply: Some better Macan Pics (White, AirRide, 22" Wheels)