Macan 2014-Current

Test drove a Macan S today and saw a 918 Spyder

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 01:29 AM
SeaPors
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by K7baico
Cool. I wonder what the odds are that S'dale has two 918's?
In Scottsdale, there's a fair chance. A few years ago was westbound on Shea Blvd in the second row at a stop light and in the first row of all three lanes were three Ferraris of different colors. A beautiful sight. Lots of great cars in Scottsdale and always clean, except when they're dusty.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:34 PM
K7baico
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree. I also see one exotic or another when in the part of town. The count seems to increase during spring training, Barrett Jackson and the PGA. Makes sense this being a winter home for many also.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:06 AM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 962 Likes on 586 Posts

Not at all unusual to see a Ferrari, Lambo etc anytime in north Scottsdale. Seems at times every other car is a Bentley etc...
My son, who also lives in north Scottsdale sees a GT3 4.0 all the time on the street- I haven't seen that yet, only seeing one other GT3 when I'm in mine. Tons of 911's, Panameras, Cayennes though.
Haven't seen a Macan on the street yet.
Wish I'd gone by Porsche NS when the 918 was there! I go by frequently just to see what's around, or if anything new is in the museum. When I test drove a Macan S, no 918!
Old 08-24-2014, 04:17 PM
Enilder
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slwong23
Saw one was the local dealership this week. Ridiculous.
Wow...
Old 09-01-2014, 09:06 PM
K7baico
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We went to Las Vegas last weekend and on the return trip, we were talking about the Macan. My wife said, in response to one of my comments was, " I assume it's a done deal at the point."

So, I came home and did a quick analysis of her vacation. Based on other trips in the works, the best time for us to do a European delivery would be a Sept of next year. I could move that to May but I'm waiting to see what changes between now and when we'd need to place the order towards the end of the year.

I'm wary of turning it into a huge driving trip. We'd rather stay for at least a week in an area and soak it up. One option is to head west towards Obernal France, stay in that region for a week or so and visit the local vineyards. From there, maybe drop a bit south towards to Basel before turning towards Switzerland and then Stuttgart.

I'll poke around the Bimmerfest's EU delivery forum and watch for reports here. I know DB_NC_95C2 is heading over relatively soon and I'm anxious to see his comments!
Old 09-14-2014, 01:00 AM
jes999
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by K7baico
Cool. I wonder what the odds are that S'dale has two 918's?
Porsche North Scottsdale has delivered 2 918s so far.

Quick Reply: Test drove a Macan S today and saw a 918 Spyder