Macan 2014-Current

Any features you've discovered?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 07:04 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Any features you've discovered?

every once in a while on P-cars, you'll discover or hear about interesting features you may not have read about in the manual (assuming they are in there.)

anyway, here goes...

On Macan S with entry and drive, when you put your finger on the depression in the door handle to lock the vehicle, if you hold your finger there for a couple seconds, the side mirrors will fold.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:19 AM
fincher
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is a great (subtle) feature.
Old 08-03-2014, 12:12 PM
SeaPors
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Once you have come to a stop, quickly press the brake pedal once and it will activate the Hold feature even when you are on an even surface. When the light turns green press the gas pedal and resume. Its in the manual hidden under the explanation for Hold on a hill.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:44 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

the mirror fold works when u hold lock on key as well.

too bad they dont have a setting for them to fold when you just push lock...

i still dont understand the rear only "loading" button.... im not sure when 2" lower rear will actually change my life... but maybe it will.

another interesting option is you only get cooled glove box w/ 3 zone air... and with "2 zone" air.. its a crock of **** and the rear passengers die of heat exhaustion because no cold air gets back there...

back to helpful things, since bluetooth is standard you get audio via bluetooth which is very convenient once setup.. listen to pandora or ipod without having to actually plug it into the USB jack.. also nice that USB jack is standard as it's not normally standard without PCM.

not sure if noticed but if you turn the air off, it opens vents to the outside and you get fresh air in the cabin without opening the windows....
Old 08-03-2014, 09:07 PM
Rolltide86
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SeaPors
Once you have come to a stop, quickly press the brake pedal once and it will activate the Hold feature even when you are on an even surface. When the light turns green press the gas pedal and resume. Its in the manual hidden under the explanation for Hold on a hill.
My prior Carrera had "hill hold" feature - absolutely hated it - tried to get it disabled but the dealer could not do it. I cursed it every time it kicked in.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:43 PM
SeaPors
Advanced

I think all of the Porsches have the hill holder feature which operates automatically on an incline. What I was pointing out that is different about the Macan is that it has a Hold function that the driver can elect to use or not at a stop light or other situation where the car will be stopped for a time (those pesky long red lights). The driver can choose to rest the right foot rather than keeping pressure on the foot brake or its also useful to make a fast getaway on green light with the right foot poised near the gas pedal instead of pressing down on the brake. Useful feature from my experience with the MB version of it. New to Porsche perhaps as hasn't been in my other ones.

Last edited by SeaPors; 08-04-2014 at 11:50 AM.
Old 08-04-2014, 02:59 AM
RESP
Burning Brakes

I'm going to have to go out tomorrow and see if this works the same in my Cayenne...
Old 08-04-2014, 12:11 PM
Rolltide86
Rennlist Member

Happily, my GT3 does not have this feature.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:51 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Rolltide86
My prior Carrera had "hill hold" feature - absolutely hated it - tried to get it disabled but the dealer could not do it. I cursed it every time it kicked in.
I just moved from TN and I had a stop sign on a significant incline that you HAD to stop at (very limited sight due to trees and brush). I loved that my former VW Golf R had that feature even if only for that stop sign.

My 993 does not have it and I have to use the handbrake method for that stop sign.
Old 08-10-2014, 01:34 AM
TTCarrera
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock

back to helpful things, since bluetooth is standard you get audio via bluetooth which is very convenient once setup.. listen to pandora or ipod without having to actually plug it into the USB jack..

Yes, but the audio quality is not as high as when it is hardwired to the USB.

Quick Reply: Any features you've discovered?