Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Impressed in Value Retention.......... (much better than anticipated)

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 03:03 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Exclamation Impressed in Value Retention.......... (much better than anticipated)

many might remember, picked up the macan turbo 5/17 LINK HERE

great car, quick as can be but my Macan S came in a week later and honestly dollar for dollar, horsepower for horsepower i prefer the macan S and could have honestly ordered a lower window S and been happy (sport chrono is a superfluous novelty, sport plus is not needed and sport button is standard).. and the air suspension is beyond a joke.... might ride better but anything large in the road and you feel it, if not worse than steel springs)

that all being said, sold the Turbo back to the dealer today for exact price paid (and added 2800 miles in the mean time).

i guess they have sufficient demand and inadequate supply to make that happen, i was thoroughly impressed to say the least.

just a heads up for the people on the fence, or unsure what to buy.... in the case of the cayenne turbo, that was a 20k loss driving it off the lot.. and another 20k once you put more than 5 miles on it... so i'm very impressed in PORSCHE'S marketing abilities to get such a strong demand on a vehicle and know how to produce the right amount of cars not to flood the market (US auto makers could really learn from this... i.e. C7 corvette and releasing every single car ordered (3000 cars) on the very same day.. causing dealers to discount 5k within hours to dump stock)
Old 07-17-2014, 03:45 PM
davidc1
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw a used Turbo at my dealer for $98,000. It's not value retention, it's appreciation.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:47 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

thanks for the info. Im not surprised that you broke even. There is limited supply and dealers are selling everything they get, some at above msrp.
Furthermore I've heard some chatter that Porsche is ready to increase the MSRP in the near future.
Old 07-17-2014, 05:08 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by davidc1
I saw a used Turbo at my dealer for $98,000. It's not value retention, it's appreciation.
Originally Posted by kosmo
thanks for the info. Im not surprised that you broke even. There is limited supply and dealers are selling everything they get, some at above msrp.
Furthermore I've heard some chatter that Porsche is ready to increase the MSRP in the near future.
makes sense, i guess they could be going for more because of the low supply... in the past on cayenne i would take advantage of this but with porsche's 6 month rule.. i felt it best to just trade back and enjoy the S...

personally the difference between S and turbo was only exhaust note deeper on, and quicker from 80mph+, both are slow at low rpm's and kick in at high rpms
Old 07-17-2014, 10:49 PM
fincher
Racer

Originally Posted by rijowysock
personally the difference between S and turbo was only exhaust note deeper on, and quicker from 80mph+, both are slow at low rpm's and kick in at high rpms
Another reason why I am waiting for the diesel. It's either a diesel Macan or a third-gen diesel Cayenne. Love the low-end torque.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:03 AM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by fincher
Another reason why I am waiting for the diesel. It's either a diesel Macan or a third-gen diesel Cayenne. Love the low-end torque.
Hopefully the 3rd gen Cayenne diesel includes the V8 from Europe!

Riley, good info to know. It may apply to the new Cayenne as well?
Old 07-18-2014, 12:01 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by scott40
Hopefully the 3rd gen Cayenne diesel includes the V8 from Europe!

Riley, good info to know. It may apply to the new Cayenne as well?
i see the 2015 cayenne facelift being strong demand.. i already ordered mine.. white with red interior... i love the exhaust how it's coming thru the bumper now like the second gen earlier cayenne.. also the tailights are sick like the macan.

the macan is a great car, great highway car for 2... but not comfortable for 4 and especially not comfortable for 5... the cayenne on the other hand i find it perfectly sized for everyday commuting.. and carrying 4 people with ease.

irony is, while the macan is smaller... the cayenne also gets better gas mileage due to the 8 speed tip trans... i get maybe 14 in the macan S, and never got under 20 in the cayenne... same driving habits/styles.
Old 07-18-2014, 12:05 PM
fincher
Racer

Cayenne diesel will get 27-28 mpg average an low 30s highway.
Old 07-18-2014, 01:24 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

heard the 15 Cayenne and Macan will both get price increases.

20mpg is pretty good for the C S. I get about 14 in the city.
Old 07-18-2014, 02:17 PM
davidc1
Advanced

Are photos of '15 Cayenne out yet?
Old 07-18-2014, 04:40 PM
kiya
Advanced

Originally Posted by davidc1
Are photos of '15 Cayenne out yet?
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...enne-spy-shots
Old 07-21-2014, 10:06 AM
davidc1
Advanced

I've seen those but it's not clear enough for me.
Old 07-21-2014, 12:38 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

These spy shots don't help much since there is so much masking of details such as tail lights. It is these details that make the difference.
Old 07-21-2014, 04:31 PM
SteveFromMN
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
many might remember, picked up the macan turbo 5/17 LINK HERE

great car, quick as can be but my Macan S came in a week later and honestly dollar for dollar, horsepower for horsepower i prefer the macan S and could have honestly ordered a lower window S and been happy (sport chrono is a superfluous novelty, sport plus is not needed and sport button is standard).. and the air suspension is beyond a joke.... might ride better but anything large in the road and you feel it, if not worse than steel springs)

that all being said, sold the Turbo back to the dealer today for exact price paid (and added 2800 miles in the mean time).

i guess they have sufficient demand and inadequate supply to make that happen, i was thoroughly impressed to say the least.

just a heads up for the people on the fence, or unsure what to buy.... in the case of the cayenne turbo, that was a 20k loss driving it off the lot.. and another 20k once you put more than 5 miles on it... so i'm very impressed in PORSCHE'S marketing abilities to get such a strong demand on a vehicle and know how to produce the right amount of cars not to flood the market (US auto makers could really learn from this... i.e. C7 corvette and releasing every single car ordered (3000 cars) on the very same day.. causing dealers to discount 5k within hours to dump stock)
I have a 2015 Cayenne S on order and air suspension,roof rack and trailer hitch are a must for me. The air suspension is only needed if you go off road.
the roof racks for carrying lumber and stuff and the trailer hitch for a camper trailer and bikes. I drove a Macan S Saturday and it was very nice and plenty powerful. I drove the Macan to get a feel for the Turbo charged engine. I already have a 911 S Cab so I need a replacement for my 4 Runner. I hope the Cayenne is as robust as the 4 Runner.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:30 PM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveFromMN

I have a 2015 Cayenne S on order and air suspension,roof rack and trailer hitch are a must for me. The air suspension is only needed if you go off road.
the roof racks for carrying lumber and stuff and the trailer hitch for a camper trailer and bikes. I drove a Macan S Saturday and it was very nice and plenty powerful. I drove the Macan to get a feel for the Turbo charged engine. I already have a 911 S Cab so I need a replacement for my 4 Runner. I hope the Cayenne is as robust as the 4 Runner.
Steve, you will likely be very happy with your Cayenne.

We have 130,000 km on our 2012 Cayenne, and have been very happy with every minute in her.
Some off road, tons of highway, winter/summer, lots of heavy loads and some other adventures.
We have AS and it has proven its value to justify the price.

Quick Reply: Impressed in Value Retention.......... (much better than anticipated)