Macan S delivered

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 05:56 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Billy Wyatt
Chrome window trim has to go
but it matches the roof rails and wheels...

anyway, don't plan to spend any more money on it except winter wheels and tires.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:49 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

am i the only one who likes the polished window trim?

I guess I am a sucker for long nose 911s with the stainless window trim and has me liking it on newer Porsches....
Old 06-11-2014, 12:34 AM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
am i the only one who likes the polished window trim?

I guess I am a sucker for long nose 911s with the stainless window trim and has me liking it on newer Porsches....
That's why they have the option to keep it or get something different.
To meet the tastes of many people, including those who like silver trim
Old 06-11-2014, 02:06 AM
Buckfever
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Targa Tim

anyway, don't plan to spend any more money on it except winter wheels and tires.
I like that idea. I remember the first winter with my wife's first BMW and her sliding off the road with the all seasons. That night I ordered a designated winter wheel set from tire rack. Some inexpensive wheels with Blizzaks. Stick like glue. It's a good move for sure.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:34 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

My pan 4 had the Michelin all seasons snd it was fine in the snow. But dedicated snows are always best.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:09 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 827 Likes on 456 Posts

Drove the Macan turbo this weekend past and was surprised.....pleasantly.

As for you man...you definitely should get/have a GREAT Father's day after this! Waay to go. I'll make sure my daughter doesn't read this post tho if you don't mind. She's only 13 y/o and loves to buy ANYTHING/EVERYTHING unlike her mother I am finding out. LOL
Old 07-18-2014, 05:20 PM
Buckfever
Racer

Thanks guys.

In return, she promises to study hard to become a doctor.
I don't know why this particular posting popped into my head, but it did, shortly after my son informed me today, that he was accepted into med school.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:06 AM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Buckfever
I don't know why this particular posting popped into my head, but it did, shortly after my son informed me today, that he was accepted into med school.
Big congrats.
Tell him that he should buy you a Ferrari one day.
Old 07-20-2014, 10:17 AM
Buckfever
Racer

Thanks guys.

In return, she promises to study hard to become a doctor.
To see our children strive that is our greatest reward. We want them to fare well and we work to inspire.

And that is what you captured so eloquently and it stayed with me.
Old 07-20-2014, 04:12 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,173 Likes on 471 Posts

Thanks guys. In return, she promises to study hard to become a doctor.
Wrong way to go about it. When she becomes a doctor she can buy one.

My dad drove Ferraris and Lamborghinis when I was a teenager. I asked him at 16 why I couldn't have a nice car. He said, "you can, go buy one!" That's why I was motivated to study hard and went to med school, I wanted to get ahead in life. It Motivated me as opposed to having everything just handed to me. It was such a rewarding feeling when I could buy my first nice car, my dad did the right thing.

I hope she appreciates it, my kids are getting used Kias.
Old 07-20-2014, 06:43 PM
Buckfever
Racer

Originally Posted by disden

My dad drove Ferraris and Lamborghinis when I was a teenager. I asked him at 16 why I couldn't have a nice car. He said, "you can, go buy one!" That's why I was motivated to study hard and went to med school, I wanted to get ahead in life. It Motivated me as opposed to having everything just handed to me. It was such a rewarding feeling when I could buy my first nice car, my dad did the right thing.
I think your father and mine must be related. And thus why I bought my son a Camry.

However I do see that sometimes we can inspire in the proper measure. A little story. My son in high school wasn't studying for his ACT, had good grades and was planning to go to a top state school. I asked him why the lack of motivation? He said dad I'm going to be the smartest one there. I said I thought you wanted to go there. He said yeah it's fine. I asked well where do you want to go? He told me and followed with: "but we can't afford it".

I may have played the frugal card a bit too hard. Anyway I told him on the spot you get into the best school you can and I will pay for it. It lit a fire under his ***. He went straight A's after that and I still remember the day like it was yesterday when he called laughing to tell me he got a 34 on his ACT.

That little inspiration I figure cost me an extra 120K, which I suspect we'd all be glad to part with for that outcome.

And with apologies for me taking this so far off topic.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:09 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,173 Likes on 471 Posts

Buck fever,

Good story. I think what is important is that you encouraged him to excel THEN he was rewarded, not the other way around. I don't think any of us would think twice about paying for college in that situation because it helps your child's future prospects.

My wife teaches at a university and it shocking the stories I hear from her. This generation seems so entitled its outrageous. Part of that is the parents who just give then anything they want, ei new Porsches without any understanding of what it takes to earn the money to buy it! I really worry about our future.

Sorry too for hijacking the thread.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:50 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by disden
This generation seems so entitled its outrageous. Part of that is the parents who just give then anything they want, ei new Porsches without any understanding of what it takes to earn the money to buy it! I really worry about our future.
I do not disagree with your statement.

My parents treated me very well before I entered Med school. In return, I would like to treat my kids equally well if not better.

With or without the new Porsche, I know she will study hard to pursue her goal. Let's revisit this thread in a few years to see if she makes it or not.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:08 PM
kiya
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI, getting that chrome trim turned into matte black comes at a cost of zero dollars. (that's what i got on mine)
Old 07-22-2014, 09:20 PM
Buckfever
Racer

I do not disagree with your statement.

My parents treated me very well before I entered Med school. In return, I would like to treat my kids equally well if not better.

With or without the new Porsche, I know she will study hard to pursue her goal. Let's revisit this thread in a few years to see if she makes it or not.
I wouldn't bet against her.

Quick Reply: Macan S delivered