Macan 2014-Current

Alarm constantly going off

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 03:49 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Question Alarm constantly going off

anyone have a solution to this or reason? alarm goes off almost every time i lock and leave the macan sitting (turbo)

maybe this is same issue as cayenne/something else.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:06 PM
SeaPors
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took delivery also of a Turbo on Saturday and had three false alarms on Sunday at one location and then one other time at a different location on Monday. On those same days I parked and locked the car several other places without incident. Have not had any since Monday so keeping fingers crossed. Elsewhere I have read that some Macans in Europe have had sensors replaced or their sensitivity adjusted down due to repeated false alarms.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:24 AM
mdbonedoc
Instructor

Me too. My Macan Turbo went off a few times on day 2. It was on an inclination, so I think it was the inclination sensor. My dealer said there is a software update coming for the false alarms.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:01 AM
56truluck
Intermediate

I have this problem with a 2014 Panamera. According to service, there is a software fix being worked on by Porsche to fix a problem with the motion sensor inside the car. The problem occurs randomly on Cayennes as well. The short term solution is to disable the sensor. On the Panamera and Cayenne, this can be done by pushing a button on the pillar behind the driver's seat r by pushing the lock button on the remote twice within 2 seconds. This disables the motion sensor inside the car but activates the external alarm and anti theft sensors. The instructions are in your owner's manual. I hope this helps. Enjoy your Macans
Old 05-29-2014, 02:06 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

These are the types of issues that bother me about all the complex electronic systems in these cars. The various features seem great until something goes wrong. They are getting to the point of being too complicated, and hard to diagnose/fix when problems arise. I have my fingers crossed that by the time my order is filled (in July), they will have resolved these issues.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:33 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

thank you all for the reply. i knew about the button inside the B pillar, but it resets each time, the double lock is easier to do/use. until the update comes about.

Quick Reply: Alarm constantly going off