Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Macan from Porsche Exclusive

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 04:53 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,601 Likes on 2,341 Posts

anyone figure out what comprises the "sport design" pkg in the new brochure apart from the black sport design wheels and some painted side skirts, anything else?
Old 04-25-2014, 05:25 PM
rpilot
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
anyone figure out what comprises the "sport design" pkg in the new brochure apart from the black sport design wheels and some painted side skirts, anything else?
The side skirts are the same as the ones on the Turbo (painted and outward) rather than the matt black and inward. The turbo sportdesign package is ordered without the side skirts unless you want them in black in which case you can order the black sportdesign package.

In addition to that the SD package includes black headlights, different rearview mirrors (with painted lowers), black exhaust pipes and GLOSS black painted lowers front and back. On the Macan S, the lowers in the back and front become very similar to the Turbo (all painted).. except for the very lower portion that is now gloss black. In addition the S gets the LED fog lamps in the bottom.

Not my thing, adding more gloss black.. but YMMV.

Last edited by rpilot; 04-25-2014 at 05:42 PM.
Old 05-31-2014, 10:42 PM
kkapoor
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any update on when the 'Exclusive' options will show up on the configurator. My understanding is that they are already into Oct/Nov production on new orders. By that logic the exclusive options should be showing up soon.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:25 PM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^ ^^ rpilot it is because the full leather option uses a proper leather and the finish is smooth in comparison to the partial (which is fake leather/plastic) so all of these other "real" leather upgrades won't match up properly if you have the partial. Best to always get the full leather and work from that point if you feel you need more in other areas such as visors and so on.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:54 PM
fincher
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw one on Saturday with Agate Gray interior in Leather Package. Looked really good to me. Looked like the dash and door armrests had the leather. How does the leather dash hold up in the sun?
Old 06-02-2014, 08:21 PM
rpilot
Pro

Originally Posted by speed21
^ ^^ rpilot it is because the full leather option uses a proper leather and the finish is smooth in comparison to the partial (which is fake leather/plastic) so all of these other "real" leather upgrades won't match up properly if you have the partial. Best to always get the full leather and work from that point if you feel you need more in other areas such as visors and so on.
That is incorrect. I am well aware of the different Porsche leathers. The leather is the smooth leather on the VF Leather package also. There is just less of it and the rest is the Porsche high grade plastic which is what I prefer. The area behind the armrest and below the trim is something I would have liked to see covered in the smooth leather but that is not possible without getting the rest of car in leather that I do not care for. If Porsche exclusive offered an option to do that area in leather with the VF package I would , even if it cost more than the $1700 upcharge for the full leather interior. Do not assume that your tastes are applicable to everyone else.

Also, even without the leather package, the seats are the smooth leather if you get 14 or 18 way seats, just the armrests are the grained leather / leatherette.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:29 AM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by fincher
I saw one on Saturday with Agate Gray interior in Leather Package. Looked really good to me. Looked like the dash and door armrests had the leather. How does the leather dash hold up in the sun?
FL looks and feels great! Makes the car feel so much nicer. Once you had the FL there is no going back. If it looks anything like Cayenne's partial vs the FL package then say no more. And the leather holds up very well in the sun...

Originally Posted by rpilot
That is incorrect. I am well aware of the different Porsche leathers. The leather is the smooth leather on the VF Leather package also. There is just less of it and the rest is the Porsche high grade plastic which is what I prefer. The area behind the armrest and below the trim is something I would have liked to see covered in the smooth leather but that is not possible without getting the rest of car in leather that I do not care for. If Porsche exclusive offered an option to do that area in leather with the VF package I would , even if it cost more than the $1700 upcharge for the full leather interior. Do not assume that your tastes are applicable to everyone else.

Also, even without the leather package, the seats are the smooth leather if you get 14 or 18 way seats, just the armrests are the grained leather / leatherette.
I haven't seen a Macan yet but will do so next week some time. That said when all other models inc 911 in partial don't have the same grade leather anywhere as the full leather package then I am surprised if they have changed that in a Macan with partial given its overall ranking in the brands line up. I'd need to see the two side by side before I believed that.

And in terms of "taste", that one becomes purely a money decision, nothing more nothing less so let's get real here. You couldn't possibly convince me anyone with their feet on the ground would seriously take a partial over a full if the price was the same.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:00 AM
rpilot
Pro

. You couldn't possibly convince me anyone with their feet on the ground would seriously take a partial over a full if the price was the same.
And if you get your head out of your you-know-what you would realize that my tastes are my own and I was not trying to convince anyone either way. Unlike you, I do not have to justify my tastes.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:02 AM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by rpilot
And if you get your head out of your you-know-what you would realize that my tastes are my own and I was not trying to convince anyone either way. Unlike you, I do not have to justify my tastes.
Lmao! ...some one needs a chill pill.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:51 AM
rpilot
Pro

Lmao! ...some one needs a chill pill.
Then take one.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:01 AM
Buckfever
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man I wished you all lived close to me. I'd take you all out for drinks we'd have a blast.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:09 AM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by Buckfever
Man I wished you all lived close to me. I'd take you all out for drinks we'd have a blast.
...I'm pretty sure you are right Buckfever.....still not sure what the trigger was in setting him off but whatever it was sure as hell didn't take much.
Old 06-03-2014, 11:07 AM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Buckfever
First hide all the guns and ammo

I have a feeling someone would start a "discussion" over how the taste of a blended whisky is sooooo much better than single malt, and the fur would fly again.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:57 PM
Buckfever
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RESP
First hide all the guns and ammo

I have a feeling someone would start a "discussion" over how the taste of a blended whisky is sooooo much better than single malt, and the fur would fly again.
Good times!!!! :-)

Quick Reply: Macan from Porsche Exclusive