Macan 2014-Current

Order Placed - Macan S

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 12:43 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammer911
I have Comfort Lighting on my 991 C4S, and believe it is a great option for dark colored interiors. Very tasteful and subtle ambient lighting, so when you have to look for something in the vehicle at night you are not staring into a black hole.
i have it in my G wagon and it is very nice.
I assume it would be just as nice in the Macan.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:46 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i have comfort lighting in the Cayenne too. I cant believe its not a standard feature given the marque.
Old 04-01-2014, 02:47 PM
Dans996tt
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to order one for my wife but she want's to see the colors in person. I would guess 80% of them are going to be driven by women like my wife that could care less about the options?

Dan
Old 04-01-2014, 06:28 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

My pan has it as well, can't say I put much thought into it before pointing and clicking.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:33 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
The "keyless" entry is one of the (myriad) of features on my X5 that I hate ...

I hope that Sapphire Blue metallic becomes available in time for you!

Regards

- Larry.

p.s
I think the ext high gloss black trim pkg is a must have, but I agree that with silver its probably not so much...
Is keyless entry really that bad?

How does it work on the porsche anyhow? I assume you never have to use the key fob to lock the doors or start the car?
Old 04-03-2014, 12:46 AM
sebis
Racer

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
Is keyless entry really that bad?

How does it work on the porsche anyhow? I assume you never have to use the key fob to lock the doors or start the car?
There is no Start button in the Porsche implementation, they have a fake plastic and cheap looking key where you would insert the real one if this option was not selected.... At this point is like why bother... Plus it is expensive for what you are getting.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:26 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sebis
There is no Start button in the Porsche implementation, they have a fake plastic and cheap looking key where you would insert the real one if this option was not selected.... At this point is like why bother... Plus it is expensive for what you are getting.
Thanks for the coles notes.

Discussed it with the missus and she wasnt interested in the keyless system.
She said she wouldnt trust the doors to lock automatically when exiting the vehicle and rather use her own key to twist and start as opposed to a plastic dummy.

Good ol' fashioned key suits her just fine.

Deleted from order.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:49 AM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sebis
with keyless entry and drive on the 991, you push a button on the door handle when leaving the car to lock the doors. to enter, you just put your hand on the inside surface of the door handle.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:35 PM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 404 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
Thanks for the coles notes.

Discussed it with the missus and she wasnt interested in the keyless system.
She said she wouldnt trust the doors to lock automatically when exiting the vehicle and rather use her own key to twist and start as opposed to a plastic dummy.

Good ol' fashioned key suits her just fine.

Deleted from order.
Porsche Entry/Drive works like any other keyless system, with the exception of the dummy key fob that always stays in the ignition. I think Porsche wanted to keep the visceral feeling of turning a key to start the car on the left side, so went with the dummy fob. I hated it at first, but you really don't notice it since it's tucked on the left side behind the steering wheel in black. I actually now prefer it over the push button that is in every other car.

The system works great, and the key never has to leave the pocket. You lock the doors by using very small buttons placed on any of the door handles. Great option, overpriced like many P options, but I wouldn't want to be without it on a DD.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:39 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,565 Likes on 1,597 Posts

Originally Posted by Buckfever
The dark blue is a really rich color. I did read something about the comfort lighting that was less than favorable but I can't remember what it was maybe dig on that a little.
If it's the same Dark Blue on a Cayenne, it's not rich at all. Very flat and dull.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:44 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,565 Likes on 1,597 Posts

Originally Posted by slwong23
Porsche Entry/Drive works like any other keyless system, with the exception of the dummy key fob that always stays in the ignition. I think Porsche wanted to keep the visceral feeling of turning a key to start the car on the left side, so went with the dummy fob. I hated it at first, but you really don't notice it since it's tucked on the left side behind the steering wheel in black. I actually now prefer it over the push button that is in every other car. The system works great, and the key never has to leave the pocket. You lock the doors by using very small buttons placed on any of the door handles. Great option, overpriced like many P options, but I wouldn't want to be without it on a DD.
Agreed 100%. I like the dummy key better than the push buttons. And when locking the car you know it. Very loud think from the lock mechanism as well as the chirp confirmation
Old 04-03-2014, 11:46 PM
sebis
Racer

Originally Posted by slwong23
Porsche Entry/Drive works like any other keyless system, with the exception of the dummy key fob that always stays in the ignition. I think Porsche wanted to keep the visceral feeling of turning a key to start the car on the left side, so went with the dummy fob. I hated it at first, but you really don't notice it since it's tucked on the left side behind the steering wheel in black. I actually now prefer it over the push button that is in every other car.

The system works great, and the key never has to leave the pocket. You lock the doors by using very small buttons placed on any of the door handles. Great option, overpriced like many P options, but I wouldn't want to be without it on a DD.
I am sure it works just fine but I spent my money on AS and PTV+ .

As far as the Macan implementation, apparently Porsche is improving the system h/t pacmeoff on the Macan Forum:

Those having Keyless entry (entry and drive), I was pleased to find no rubber button, it’s a very slight indent in the handle which I assume you slide you finger over, the handle is solid and looks just like non entry and drive car handles apart from the slight indent, it comes with a dummy key which looks fine it appears to be black and silver (not sure if the silver is plastic or metal) I have taken some pictures.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:30 AM
Buckfever
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
If it's the same Dark Blue on a Cayenne, it's not rich at all. Very flat and dull.
I haven't seen it on a Cayenne.
Here:

It's so hard to tell on media.

Quick Reply: Order Placed - Macan S