Weissach Test Track Video

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 12:09 AM
sebis
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Weissach Test Track Video

Quiet in here lately, here is a new video posted on the microsite:

The heart of Porsche motor sports beats at the motorsport center in Weissach. The sportiness is already apparent upon entering the complex. Stacks of tires and red/white curbs lend a touch of motor sport atmosphere. 1 The new Porsche Macan has to prove its sportiness here.
http://www22.porsche.com/microsite/m...pag/porsche_13

P.S. They are calling it a "sports car" again...

Sports Car. The Porsche principle.
Driving on a race track is like falling in love: a few seconds are enough.

We build sports cars. Always have done. The need to move forward, to be faster, to come first is ingrained in our genes - not only when crossing the finishing line, but also when developing new ideas. It is normal for us to tread new paths. And we do it long before a Porsche even takes to the road.

Power output is not the be all and end all. Emotions are our main development objective: the driving emotion that only a genuine Porsche can trigger. With considerable agility and dynamics, but always with responsibility in mind. We achieve this with highly efficient engines, outstanding driving features and the relentless will to push boundaries – upwards.

The new Macan is one result of this way of thinking. Every member of the Macan family was created to bring the urban way of life to the fast lane. And a high level of sportiness to everyday driving.
P.P.S. Yes, there is some drifting involved.
Old 11-15-2013, 12:49 AM
edgy
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks like a lot of fun, I wonder if the cage and fix back recaros will be a factory option too? I'd have that...
Old 11-15-2013, 03:03 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

interesting. the little thing might actually be decent.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:03 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,609 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by edgy
looks like a lot of fun, I wonder if the cage and fix back recaros will be a factory option too? I'd have that...
That's the ClubSport option!
Old 12-14-2013, 07:48 AM
terbiumactivated
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by edgy

It always looks like fun to me to rag on someone else's car that I don't have to pay to repair or wrench on myself. If I could get a track like that, empty to myself and a car I don't care about, I'd take a damn Miata around it and smile.

Quick Reply: Weissach Test Track Video